August 23, 2011
76 Ninth Avenue
Searching for something fun to do on August 23rd?
Join She's the First at Google for our Summer #CelebrateSTF Tweetup!
What you can expect...
- Premiere of the micromini-documentary "A Starfish Story: Francisca," which follows the day in the life of a Guatemalan girl sponsored by She's the First.
- Q&A with the 26-year-old filmmaker Kate Lord (@katelordphoto) & She's the First Executive Director Christen Brandt (@cjbrandt), who traveled to Guatemala in January.
- Special commentary on social action films from Christie Marchese (@ChristieM), of Righteous Pictures (@RighteousPix), who will give a sneak peek preview of their upcoming film, Web, a feature-length documentary on children's first experiences with Internet in the developing world. The clip will be followed by a Q&A with the award-winning director and producer pair as well as a brainstorm on campaign development.
- Learn how you can explore the world by traveling with She's the First, hosting your own fundraiser for a girl's sponsorship, or being a digital penpal with a girl.
- To walk away with at least one awesome new friend.
- Bragging rights that you were at Google, the gates to Internet heaven!
- Loads of tweets with hash tag #CelebrateSTF!
RSVP only if you know you can make it; please give 48 hours notice if your plans change.
THANKS TO OUR FOOD SPONSOR @bamiyannyc:
What's a Tweetup?!
During this event, we will be Tweeting using the hash tag #CelebrateSTF, just as we have at our past Tweetups. Even if you are not in NYC, you can participate in the discussion by following #CelebrateSTF tweets. You can even tweet in your own questions and comments, which our event leaders will share with our attendees.
What's the Goal?
This particular event is not a fundraiser. It's a networking and educational opportunity intended to build camaraderie and fuel the creativity of young women (and men!) who want to change the world -- by educating girls. We highlight social media and storytelling as a way to create social change.
Questions or Want to Get on the Wait List?
Email Kaitlin Cubria, email@example.com.
She's the First
She’s the First is a social media savvy non-profit that sponsors girls’ education to create first-generation graduates in the developing world. We use peer-based education to empower and train young leaders in the U.S., who see the impact of their efforts through technology. It’s a crash course in skills that accelerates their future careers and shapes their social consciousness, developing the next generation of social entrepreneurs worldwide.