AWAKEN YOUR INNER LEADER AT THIS INSPIRING RETREAT AND START GETTING WHAT YOU’RE WORTH
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Fess Parker's DoubleTree Resort • Santa Barbara, California
Retreat Trainers: Victoria Pynchon, JD, LLM • Lisa Gates, CPCC • and special guest expert Gloria Feldt, author of "No Excuses, Nine Ways Women Can Change the Way We Think About Power."
You’re a smart, successful woman. You know what it takes to be at the top of your profession. So why are you settling for almost? Why do you freeze up when you face leadership opportunities? And why do you always wind up asking for less than you deserve? Especially when it would result in more respect, more access, more money and more freedom?
The truth is, almost every woman feels this way. We’re trained not to ask for what we deserve, and all our lives we pay the price.
THE BIG DEAL TAKEAWAY
You will leave the retreat with a Strategic Plan for eliminating your personal wage gap, and achieving your leadership goals.
YOU'RE GOING TO CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK ABOUT POWER
For many women, power is a four-letter word. Yet when women have access to the halls of government, land in numbers on corporate boards, and consistently generate the salaries and fees we fairly ask for, we do great things for our families, our communities and our world. In other words, the quality of life changes—not just for you, for everyone.
- At our 2011 She Negotiates Leadership Retreat, we’ll show you how to move past your fear of asking and learn breakthrough skills that reward your strengths, accomplishments and leadership.
- You’ll learn in your bones how to overcome your fears of being labeled rude, bossy and bitchy—and instead show the world you’re confident, considerate, and worthy of respect.
You’ll find a negotiating style that matches who you are—so you can ease into conversations that lead to “yes” in your career and in your life.
IN THIS INTENSIVE DAYLONG PROGRAM, LEARN TO:
- Develop powerful relationships and conversations that will take you to the next level of leadership.
- Understand the connection between negotiation and conflict.
- Diagnose your knee-jerk responses to conflict and learn new skills that help you ease into powerful conversations for your own benefit.
- Learn to sing your own praises in a way that inspires and motivates others.
- Accurately name and claim your value in the hands of your market.
- Recognize and defuse adversarial tactics.
- Ask questions that blow the lid off of whatever might be standing in the way of your powerful participation in your own success.
- Use power without provoking.
Check-in and Connect
9:00 a.m. – 12 noon
Your Own Praises Changing
How We Think About Power w/Gloria Feldt Diagnostic
Questions and Powerful Questions Your
Leadership Story 12:15 p.m. Lunchtime
Strategic Planning Session Group 1 w/Gloria Feldt Negotiation/Conflict
Practice Session Group 1 1:15 p.m. Lunchtime
Strategic Planning Session Group 2 w/Gloria Feldt Negotiation/Conflict
Practice Session Group 2 2:15 p.m. Walk
and Talk Break 2:30 p.m – 4:30 p.m. Roleplay
#1: Professional project/idea Roleplay
#2: Entrepreneurial vision/capital Roleplay
#3: Salary negotiation Roleplay
#4: Fee setting negotiation 4:30 p.m. Wrap
Steps Evaluation 5:00 p.m. Close
Singing Your Own Praises
Changing How We Think About Power w/Gloria Feldt
Diagnostic Questions and Powerful Questions
Your Leadership Story
Lunchtime Strategic Planning Session Group 1 w/Gloria Feldt
Negotiation/Conflict Practice Session Group 1
Lunchtime Strategic Planning Session Group 2 w/Gloria Feldt
Negotiation/Conflict Practice Session Group 2
Walk and Talk Break
2:30 p.m – 4:30 p.m.
Roleplay #1: Professional project/idea
Roleplay #2: Entrepreneurial vision/capital
Roleplay #3: Salary negotiation
Roleplay #4: Fee setting negotiation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This program is recommended for:
- Executives, presidents, vice presidents
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Administration, Human Resources professionals
- Board Chairs and Board Members
- Women who face the pressure of resolving conflicts that impact daily working and living
- All attendees receive an autographed copy of No Excuses in your retreat Bling Bag.
- Lunch is included with retreat.
- If you'd like to stay overnight, please call Fess Parker's DoubleTree Resort at (805) 565-4333.
- Your registration is 100% refundable when you cancel in writing by May
- 31, 2011, minus a $50 administrative fee.
- Between June 1 and June 15, your refund is subject to a $150
- cancellation fee.
- After June 15, 2011, no refund is available, although you may send
- someone in your place.
- In the unlikely event this retreat is cancelled, 100% of your registration
- will be refunded with no administrative fee.
More information at: http://www.shenegotiates.com/retreats
When & Where
She Negotiates Training and Consulting
She Negotiates Training and Consulting is lead by Lisa Gates, trainer and certified coach, and Victoria Pynchon, lawyer, mediator and author.
Our mission is to empower women to become powerful askers and confident actors in their own lives and chosen professions, as well as leaders collaboratively solving the challenges of the global economy.
We believe when women are empowered to lead and given the tools and support to do so, they make choices that change history. We start with the pocketbook because economic power is political power. And without political power, we have no voice. No presence. No platform. No credibility.
The women we teach improve every area of their lives—from salaries and fees to relationships—and use their newfound skills to raise the bar for all women and girls.