NOTE: Adobe has three DIFFERENT workshops offered throughout the day -
You may register for one, two or three ADOBE workshops.
Registration is required for EACH workshop.
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND: All video pros, filmmakers, HDSLR shooters, students, motion graphics/VFX artists.
- INSTRUCTOR(S): Al Mooney, and Kevin Monahan
- DURATION: 90 minutes
- PRODUCTS MENTIONED: Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Encore, Final Cut Pro, Production Premium, Adobe Story.
#1: Adobe "HDSLR " Workshop 10:00AM - 11:30: Editing Video with Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium
- DESCRIPTION: In this workshop you'll learn post-production techniques to ensure a smooth edit with your video footage. You'll also discover how to browse, load, and quickly organize your footage for editing. Finally, you'll discover how to harness the professional-quality tools in CS5.5 Production Premium to natively edit, color correct, mix audio, and publish to the web and Blu-ray Disc.
- AGENDA: This workshop will NOT repeat and is only available at 10:30AM - 12:00
#2: Adobe "CS5.5 Production Premium" Workshop 12:00PM - 1:30PM: Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium—Delivering the Flow in Workflow
- DESCRIPTION: Join Al Mooney as he shows how Adobe CS5.5 Production Premium delivers the flow in workflow. See how Adobe Story integrated with Adobe Premiere Pro speeds your video editing. Discover more with fast editing of multi-format assets on the same timeline without converting to Pro-Res. Finally, discover the hidden power of Adobe Media Encoder and how you can use it to deliver to multiple formats quickly—even while you continue to edit.
- AGENDA: This workshop will not repeat and is only available at 12:30AM - 2:00PM
#3: Adobe "Premiere Pro" Workshop 2:00PM - 3:30PM: Introduction to Premiere Pro CS5.5
- DESCRIPTION: More and more FCP editors are adding Premiere Pro to their workflows. Join Al Mooney and Kevin Monahan and get your questions answered. Learn how to make moving between FCP and Premiere Pro more painless, see how native DSLR workflows in Premiere can save you time, and how Premiere operates as a central “hub” to move assets quickly into other parts of Production Premium. Have a hardware question? No problem – they have the answers you need to run both Final Cut Studio and Production Premium on the same system.
- AGENDA: This workshop will NOT repeat and is only available at 2:30 - 4:00PM
Three (3) 90 minute RESOLVE workshops will be offered throughout the day. Each workshop is different. Please read the session descptions carefully. One copy of "Blackmagic Design Resolve for Mac" will be given away at the end of each Workshop. Attendees will have the opportunity to enter a drawing at the end of their attended session. Winner must attend the full session and be present to win.
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Anyone who has ever considered using color correction in their workflow. This workshop will introduce Blackmagic Design’s DaVinci Resolve and detail its features and capabilities, as well as proper set up and integration with other tools. With Blackmagic Design's recent introduction of the FREE DaVinci Resolve Lite, this is the perfect opportunity to learn more about the world's highest performance color correction solution.
- INSTRUCTOR: Alexis Van Hurkman divides his time working as a writer, director, and colorist. Based in St. Paul, Minnesota, he’s graded programs that have aired on The History Channel, The Learning Channel, and BBC Four, features and shorts that have played at the Telluride and Sundance film festivals, and video art pieces that have been exhibited at the NYC Museum of Modern Art, the Whitney Museum of American Art, and San Francisco’s Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.
Alexis has also written widely on the subject of color correction in columns, books that include The Color Correction Handbook and The Encyclopedia of Color Correction, as well as software documentation including the Apple Color User Manual. When not grading (or writing about grading), he writes and directs works of fiction; his first feature, "Four Weeks, Four Hours," screen at festivals internationally, and he's hard at work on his followup project, "Starship Detritus." For more information about Alexis, visit www.alexisvanhurkman.com.
- DURATION: 90 Minutes
- PRODUCTS MENTIONED: Blackmagic Design's DaVinci Resolve, DaVinci Resolve Lite, DeckLink HD Extreme 3D
#1 - 10:00AM - 11:30AM - Blackmagic Design Davinci Resolve:
Have you ever tried to incorporate color correction but not got the results you were looking for? Maybe you've never used color correction? These workshops, taught by Alexis Van Hurkman will introduce the Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve.
#2 - 12:00PM - 1:30PM - Digging Deeper into Blackmagic Design Davinci Resolve:
In this session, Alexis will dig even deeper into Resolve. He will pay extra attention to the use of the Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve control surface. This will include highlighting grade management techniques, key and matte combinations, and the unique effects made possible by careful control of Resolve's node-based image processing pipeline. Even the most seasoned colorists are likely to learn something new in this second session with Alexis!
#3 - 2:00PM - 3:30PM - Open Q&A with Blackmagic Design Davinci Resolve:
In this session, Alexis will host an open question and answer session and demo specific clips and workflows from his own work with Resolve. In this session, ALL questions are welcome and the session is designed to be a highly interactive forum highlighting grading workflows, techniques and new DaVinci Resolve features. You need not attend the first two Resolve sessions to join in!
10:00 - 11:30AM, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM, 2:00 - 3:30 PM
Three (3) 90 minute Canon workshops will be offered throughout the day - you may register for only ONE. All three have exactly the same agenda.
TITLE: Canon Imaging: From Cinema EOS to HDSLR Workshop
DESCRIPTION: Canon USA Inc. will be conducting a 90 minute comprehensive seminar of their current professional product line, headlined by Canon’s new EOS C300 cinema camera as part of Canon’s Cinema EOS series. Conducting these seminars will be Canon’s Senior Professional Market Specialist, Jung-Jin Ahn.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Filmmakers, Producers, Editors and those interested in filming with Canon.
INSTRUCTOR(S): Jung-Jin Ahn, Senior Professional Market Specialist, Canon
DURATION: 90 minutes
PRODUCTS MENTIONED: Cinema EOS, Canon C300, Canon EOS line of HDSLRs
AGENDA: This workshop repeats three times and agenda is exactly the same:
10:00 - 11:30AM; 1200: - 1:30 PM; 2:00 - 3:30 PM and time for Q&A
ABOUT JUN-JIN AHN
Jung-Jin Ahn has been working at Canon USA Inc. since 2004, after receiving his M.F.A. from the School of Film & TV from Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles, CA). Currently, Jung-Jin works as Canon’s Senior Professional Market Specialist working exclusively within the professional production market. Since the release of Canon’s 5D Mark II camera back in 2008, HD DSLR cameras had consistently found their way onto several professional productions over the years. During this time, Jung-Jin had advised on several high profile feature projects such as “Ironman 2,” “Black Swan,” and “Cowboys and Aliens,” with TV shows such as “Saturday Night Live (2009) and the season 6 finale of “House, M.D.”
Three (3) 90 minute "STATE OF D CINEMA" Light Iron workshops will be offered throughout the day - you may register for only ONE. All three have exactly the same agenda.
- TITLE: The State of D Cinema
- DESCRIPTION As the momentum toward digital cinema grows, Light Iron CEO Michael Cioni discusses the full implications of digital cinema and yields predictions as to the true course of data centricity. Touching on professional image capture, manipulation, and exhibition, Michael's lecture will reveal ways to best identify and prepare creatives for significant and rapid changes in the media ecosystem.
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND: DITs, cinematographers, producers, post supervisors, VFX producers, video engineers, and any other members of production who would like to learn how to incorporate the newest file-based technologies into their projects. The concepts and ideas presented affect projects of all sizes and scopes.
- INSTRUCTOR(S): Michael Cioni
- DURATION: 90 mins (3 sessions throughout the day)
- PRODUCTS MENTIONED: OUTPOST, LILY PAD, LIVE PLAY, TODAILIES, LIGHT DRIVE
- AGENDA: This workshop repeats three times and agenda is exactly the same: 10:00AM - 11:30AM, 12:00PM - 1:30PM, 2:00PM - 3:30PM
ABOUT MICHAEL CIONI:
Over the past decade, Michael’s passion for file-based acquisition talent and toolsets has helped give new shape to the digitally changing motion picture industry. In 2003, he co-founded and built his first post house, PlasterCITY Digital Post, into one of Hollywood’s preeminent desktop-based post production facilities. Now CEO of LIGHT IRON, Michael has served as a Digital Intermediate Supervisor on hundreds of feature and television projects and provided 2D and 3D data-centric post production technical and advisory support for major studios and independent films.
Michael believes strongly in empowering clients through education. He is a founding member and instructor at RED Digital Cinema's official training program, REDucation, has instructed HDExpo/Createasphere’s Panasonic P2 Workshop and Color Camp 101 as well as numerous events and online classes for content creators. Michael sits on the Board of Directors of both the Hollywood Post Alliance and Filmmakers Alliance and he served as an adjunct faculty member for USC's Annenberg School of Journalism.
Before moving to Hollywood, Michael worked in television with a PBS affiliate in Illinois. He became the youngest recipient of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences “Best Informational Program” when his syndicated program "alt.news 26:46" won a combined four Regional Emmys in 2001 and 2002. Michael is a graduate of Southern Illinois University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications and Media Arts.
Note: Register for a maximum of three workshops only. BE SURE WORKSHOP TIMES DO NOT OVERLAP
First 20 seats for each workshop are only $5.00 each. After that, each seat is $10.00. It will be $15.00 at the door assuming any seats are still available. Only 40 seats are available per workshop.
Click HERE to purchase tickets for the SuperMeet