Fourteenth Annual CPUG Las Vegas SuperMeet
- Film, Media & Entertainment
- Riviera Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas NV
**IMPORTANT Workshop Registration Details:**
* Look below and find the workshop(s) and time(s) that suits your schedule.
* Register for that workshop
* Register for a maximum of three Workshops only.
* Choose Carefully. Be careful that times do not overlap
Click HERE if you wish to purchase tickets for the SuperMeet
SF2011 SuperMeet Free Workshops. Please make your own reservations. Reservations exceeding 3 workshops per person or with duplications may be cancelled and deleted. For assistance with registration please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, January 28, 2011 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (PST)
A wait list will be on site for all workshops at 9:AM, Friday Jan. 28 2011
Three different workshops will be offered throughout the day -
You may register for one, two or three workshops.
Registration is required for EACH workshop.
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND: All video pros, filmmakers, HDSLR shooters, students, motion graphics/VFX artists.
- INSTRUCTOR(S): Karl Soulé, and Kevin Monahan
- DURATION: 90 minutes
- PRODUCTS MENTIONED: Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Encore, Final Cut Pro, Production Premium, Adobe Story.
#1: Adobe "HDSLR " Workshop 10:30AM - 12:00: Editing HDSLR Video with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium
- DESCRIPTION: In this workshop you'll learn post-production techniques to ensure a smooth edit with your HDSLR footage. You'll also discover how to browse, load, and quickly organize your footage for editing. Finally, you'll discover how to harness the professional-quality tools in CS5 Production Premium to natively edit, color correct, mix audio, and publish to the web and Blu-ray Disc.
- AGENDA: This workshop will not repeat and is only available at 10:30AM - 12:00
#2: Adobe "CS5 Production Premium" Workshop 12:30PM - 2:00PM: Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium—Delivering the Flow in Workflow
- DESCRIPTION: Join Karl Soule as he shows how Adobe CS5 Production Premium delivers the flow in workflow. See how Adobe Premiere Pro’s tight integration with Adobe Photoshop and After Effects saves you hours in post. Learn how Adobe Premiere Pro speeds your entire production workflow by allowing you to edit multi-format assets on the same timeline without converting to Pro-Res. Finally, discover the hidden power of Adobe Media Encoder and how you can use it to deliver to multiple formats quickly—even while you continue to edit.
- AGENDA: This workshop will not repeat and is only available at 12:30AM - 2:00PM
#3: Adobe "Premiere Pro" Workshop 2:30PM - 4:00PM: Introduction to Premiere Pro
- DESCRIPTION: More and more FCP editors are adding Premiere Pro to their workflows. Join Karl Soule and Kevin Monahan and get your questions answered. Learn how to make moving between FCP and Premiere Pro more painless, see how native DSLR workflows in Premiere can save you time, and how Premiere operates as a central “hub” to move assets quickly into other parts of Production Premium. Have a hardware question? No problem – they have the answers you need to run both Final Cut Studio and Production Premium on the same system.
- AGENDA: This workshop will not repeat and is only available at 2:30-4:00PM
Three (3) 90 minute Avid workshops will be offered throughout the day - you may register for only ONE. All three have exactly the same agenda.
- TITLE: Avid Media Composer for Final Cut Pro Users
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Editing professional and students of any genre who are interested in learning the similarities and differences between Final Cut Pro and Avid Media Composer, and how to navigate Media Composer if you have a strong background in Final Cut Pro. If you are interested in expanding your editing marketability and working on projects that use Media Composer, this will be a great free training workshop for you.
- INSTRUCTOR(S): Steve Hullfish was named an Avid Master Editor in 1996. Since then, he has written or co-written four books on editing and color correction, including The Art and Technique of Color Correction and Avid Xpress Pro Editing Workshop. His editing credits span more than 20 years, including editing the Oprah Winfrey Show for which he won a Daytime Emmy. Other broadcast credits include Emmy nominations for Investigative Reports and Cold Cases with Bill Kurtis on A&E.
Steve has used Final Cut Pro since 2001 on various productions, most recently completing a feature film on Final Cut Pro called “Courageous” (Sony/Tristar). He runs his own production company - Verascope Pictures - and his clients include Universal Studios, NBC Television, Turner Broadcasting, HIT Entertainment, Jim Henson Entertainment and VeggieTales.
- DURATION: 90 mins (3 sessions throughout the day)
- PRODUCTS MENTIONED: Media Composer 5 Final Cut Pro
- DESCRIPTION: Learn the essentials of Media Composer 5 with Avid Master Editor Steve Hullfish. This free 90-minute workshop, designed specifically for editors with a Final Cut Pro background, will guide you through the major features and workflows needed to complete projects in Media Composer, and quickly get you comfortable with its powerful interface, using your knowledge of Final Cut Pro.
- AGENDA: This workshop repeats three times and agenda is exactly the same:
10:30AM - 12:00, 12:30PM - 2:00PM, 2:30PM - 4:00PM
Three (3) one hour RESOLVE workshops will be offered throughout the day - you may register for only ONE. All three are exactly the same. One copy of "Blackmagic Design Resolve for Mac" will be given away at the end of each Workshop. Attendees will have the opportunity to enter a drawing at the end of their attended session. Winner must attend the full session and be present to win.
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Anyone who has ever considered using color correction
in your workflow? Have you ever tried to incorporate color correction but
not got the results you were looking for? Maybe you've never used color
correction? These workshops will introduce the Blackmagic Design DaVinci
Resolve, detail features and capabilities such the advantages of real-time
performance in color correction, as well as proper set up and integration with other tools.
- INSTRUCTOR(S): Rich Montez, the founder and owner of LA’s Whipping Post
Services, is a 25 year veteran Hollywood Colorist. He was formerly the
Director of Training for DaVinci.
- DURATION: 60 minutes
- PRODUCTS MENTIONED: Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve, Blackmagic Design
HD Extreme 3D
- DESCRIPTION: Blackmagic Design’s DaVinci Resolve is the world’s highest performance color correction solution for Mac OS X and Linux computers.
DaVinci Resolve on Linux supports more real time color correction than
anyother system because it’s not limited by the performance of the computer it’s
running on. DaVinci Resolve on Linux eliminates this performance barrier
because its based on a cluster of computers with high performance GPU
cards, so all processing is always real time. DaVinci Resolve has the power
of a true real time performance solution so handles complex colorgrades
even when using dozens of primaries, secondaries, Power Windows™,multi
point tracking, blurs, and more. The new Mac OS X version provides strong
performance in a low cost solution. Customers can then easily upgrade from
Mac to Linux for supercomputer power to handle 4K resolutions,stereoscopic
3D and real time grading direct from RED raw R3D files can be handled with ease.
- AGENDA: This workshop repeats three times and agenda is exactly the same:
11:30AM - 12:30PM, 1:00PM - 2:00PM, 2:30PM - 3:30PM
Three (3) 90 minute Canon workshops will be offered throughout the day - you may register for only ONE. All three have exactly the same agenda.
TITLE: DSLR Nuts & Bolts...the basics of using DSLR's for moving images. Same Day Shoot and Edit Using Canon EOS HD Video Cameras
DESCRIPTION: Canon EOS Video cameras have become the camera of choice for a wide variety of professional video and cinema production. These cameras have opened up a wide range of opportunities for budgets that were unheard of just a few years ago and offer a more efficient approach to capturing weddings, commercial films and everything in between. Join us now to find out why.
Topics will include benefits as well as limits of the hardware. Audio concerns, and workflow suggestions will also be discussed.
AGENDA: This workshop repeats three times and agenda is exactly the same:
10:00 - 11:30AM; 1200: - 1:30 PM; 2:00 - 3:30 PM and time for Q&A
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Filmmakers, Producers, Editors and those interested in using Canon EOS HDSLRs in their content creation.
INSTRUCTOR(S): Ed Meyers
DURATION: 90 minutes
PRODUCTS MENTIONED: Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS-1D Mark IV, Canon EOS 60D and Canon Rebel T2i.
Note: Register for a maximum of three workshops only.
Click HERE to purchase tickets for the SuperMeet
SuperMeets are gatherings of Adobe, Avid, FInal Cut and Autodesk editors, gurus and digital filmmakers from within the US, Europe and the world over who use or want to learn to use Macintosh-based workflows and solutions in a collaborative workflow environment. SuperMeets are held annually in San Francisco, Austin, Las Vegas, Amsterdam, London and Boston and feature user-driven demos of new products, collaborative production and post production workflows and filmmaker show and tells, including a SuperMeet Digital Showcase featuring hardware and software developers providing workflow solutions for digital filmmakers and content creators.
Purchase your SuperMeet Tickets HERE
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.