SF Green: May
Monday, May 12, 2008 from 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
ONLINE TICKET SALES ARE CLOSED. TICKETS WILL BE $25 AT THE DOOR.
VentureBeat joins Steve Newcomb, founder of SF Green, to announce the second SF Green event on Monday, May 12th at 111 Minna Gallery. SF Green is a networking event that brings together the Bay Area GreenTech community to see demos from the hottest green companies, including Tesla Motors and SmartCar - who will be bringing prototypes to display!
The last event had over 300 people in attendance, and we9re striving to make this second event even better. Towards that goal we are happy to announce the partnership of VentureBeat and SF Green. VentureBeat has become a partner to bring more exposure to the event, and to increase the discussion among the GreenTech community.
- VentureBeat is now the premier Media Partner for SF Green and will be providing detailed media coverage of the entire night
- Darryl Siry of Tesla Motors will be keynoting the event, interviewed by Matt Marshall of VentureBeat
- We will be trying to color code the name badges so people of similar interests can find each other more easily
- We are starting at 5pm instead of 6pm so people who want to network before it gets crazy can come early
- Announcements start at 6pm and then demos at the demo stands start at 6:30pm
SF Green is a partnership between:
- Steve Newcomb, founder of SF Green, green blogger (http://www.blognewcomb.com), founder of Powerset and now founder of Virgance (his new stealth company in the Green space)
one of the leading media blogs who’s mission is to provide news and
information about private companies and the venture capital that fuels
- Room Full of People, inc., is one of the leading organizers of tech events and mixers in the Bay Area, including SF Beta, geekSessions, SNAP Summit, and the approaching InterPlay (www.interplaycon.com)
SF Green’s Sponsors include:
- Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Save big on industry-leading technology, get access to deeply discounted systems and storage, free training, free technical advice and software, and more!
Free membership to qualifying companies of less than 4 years old and under 150 employees. Join at sun.com/startup
- Mashable (http://www.mashable.com ) Get the latest news on social networking and social software from Mashable!
- Network Verde (http://www.networkverde.com) is a collaborate venture of New World Brands (NWBD) and Next Step Recycling.
Cleantech Open (CCTO) an organization dedicated to helping great ideas
become viable businesses that will drive the new green economy. Driven
by a network of sponsors, mentors, partners, judges, and over 360
volunteers, the Clean Tech Open has built resources to accelerate
- The San Francisco Chamber of Commerce - The San Francisco Chamber of Commerce is recognized as the pre-eminent business organization for advocacy, networking and economic growth.
If you9re interested in being a selected as a demo company, please contact Steve Newcomb at email@example.com or 415-290-0787.