This event is sold out. There is a chance we will be able to let people in at 7 pm the night of the event, if the flow of the event permits. Your best chance is to show up at 7, with $50 cash, for your chance to get into the last couple hours of the event.
The craft beer revolution first took hold in 1965 when Fritz Maytag purchased the struggling Anchor Brewing in a bold attempt to revitalize the artisanal brewing culture of the United States, devastated over 40 years earlier during prohibition. In subsequent decades, the movement has captivated our hearts, mind and palates with a dizzying array of lovingly-crafted brews.
Forty-five years later, in the very cradle of American craft beer, the SF Brewers Guild proudly invites you to attend the Opening Gala of SF Beer Week, the nation's premier craft beer celebration.
SF Beer Week exists to share, inspire, and preserve the art and craft of brewing beer in the entire San Francisco Bay Area. The Opening Gala kicks off 10 days of creative and diverse beer events by bringing the best brewers in the region to the magnificent Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in downtown San Francisco.
- Special release, exclusive beers from over 30 regional breweries including Speakeasy, Lagunitas, Drake's, Anchor Brewing
- Unveiling of the SF Brewers Guild collaborative beers - an annual Imperial Common and a liquid sourdough beer brewed with the organizers of Beer Week at Sierra Nevada
- Stemmed tasting glass
- Local food purveyors with special beer pairings!
- Hometown musical favorites Whiskey Pills Fiasco and Brothers Comotose
- Celebrity Brewmasters such as Matt Brynildson of Firestone Walker, Vinnie Cilzuro of Russian River, Pete Slosberg of Pete's Wicked Ale, Brian Hunt from Moonlight Brewing, Shaun O'Sullivan of the 21st Amendment, Mark Carpenter of Anchor Brewers and Distillers, and Terence Sullivan of Sierra Nevada
- VIP doors open at 3:30 pm and ticket includes media access to select beers prior to the event opening and an all-star panel of the aforementioned celebrity brewers revealing their secrets of brewing and impact San Francisco has had on them to be broadcasted live on the Brewing Network
General Admission doors open at 5pm - $45 for Early Birds, $55 after Jan 31
VIP Ticket doors open at 3:30pm - $65, $80 after Jan 31
THIS EVENT SOLD OUT LAST YEAR - DO NOT WAIT!
The San Francisco Brewers Guild is the primary organizer and presenting sponsor of SF Beer Week. Formed in 2004 as a non-profit 501 (c)(6) during a renaissance in American craft brewing, the guild's mission is to restore and preserve San Francisco’s brewing heritage and unite those who make local craft beer with those who love it. Follow the guild on Facebook and Twitter.