Sex Workers' Outreach Project-Chicago Benefit: Unite Against "PROPAGANDA"
Saturday, August 23, 2014 at 8:00 PM
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
SWOP-Chicago calls all comrades
in the fight for social & economic justice
to unite with us against
DANCING & DJs | COMEDY + BURLESQUE + PERFORMANCE ART
COMPLEMENTARY HORS D'OEURVES & DESSERTS | LIBATIONS
25+ RAFFLE PRIZES WORTH $3000+ | GIFT BAGS BY MAC COSMETICS - SLIXA - SWOP
The event is 21+
Registration is Available Online and at Door
SWOP-Chicago is committed to keeping all of our events accessible to all. Thus, we offer a suggested donation range for different entry options.
All proceeds from this event will go to Sex Workers Outreach Project, a 501(c)3 organization devoted to the fundimental human rights of sex workers, focusing on ending violence and stigma through education, advocacy, and peer support.
A BIG THANKS TO OUR...
Cathryn Berarovich * Kate Koster* Hannah Talos-Roddam
Gift Bag Sponsors
The Growling Rabbit * Emily Kuhnen * Kanina Enos
DJ Masisi - Malibu Stacey - Maria Bigbush - Intergalactic Pussy
Raffle Prize Donors...
- Mindy Chautevert - Signed copy of “Sex Workers Unite”
- Leather Archives & Museum - Six free museum passes
- Frank Farrelly/Nancy Angelair Salon - Single process color and haircut
- Discovery Center - Two $25 Gift Certificates
- Skyscraper Heels - Gift Certificate
- TabooTabou - Gift basket
- Studio L’Amour - Passes to Naked Girls Reading
- Early to Bed - Gift Basket
- Lover's Lane - A Touch of Romance Collection: Includes Candle, Massage Oil, Massage Cream, & Edible Bath Powder and Bath & Shower Gel.
- Kristen D'Angelo - "American Courtesans" [DVD]
- Melisa Gira Grant - Signed Copy of "For Love or Money"
- Z&H Market Cafe - Gift Basket
- Elizabeth Bernstein - Signed Copy of "Temporarily Yours"
- Katherine Frank - Signed Copy of "Plays Well in Groups: A Journey Through the World of Group Sex"
- Harrington Park Press - "Male Sex Work and Society"
- Flirty Girl Fitness - 5-Punch Gift Card, good for up to 5 classes
- Milk Handmade - Girl's Night Out Cocktail Evening
- Roscoe Village Bikes - Bike Tune-Up
- Laura Murray & Penelope Saunders - A Kiss for Gabriella DVD (2)
- Pleasure Chest - Chicago - Gift Bag & Gift Certificate
- Revolution Brewery - Gift Bag with $25.00 Gift Card, 6-Pack, & 2 Koozies
- Seka - Signed Copy of Autobiography "Inside Seka"
- Tulip - TBA
- Women & Children First - $25 Giftcard
- Chicago Diner - Gift certificate
- Capitol News/Lover’s Playground - Gift Basket
- Shangri-La Vintage - Vintage LP “How to Pleasure Your Lover"
- Black Label Zomi Cuff Kit - Rebel Toyfriend (black vibrator) - Wet for Her Jules (pink vibrator) - Two Pocket Toyfriends (mini-vibrators) - Tempo Unisex Anal Stimulator - Ren Skinscare (shampoo - conditioner - bodywash set) - Harness and Strap-on set
More to Come!
If you'd like to donate a raffle prize, goodie bag items, food or beverages
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to Volunteer? No funds but want to come? Please contact bettydevoe@gmail for opps asap!
When & Where
Sex Workers Outreach Project - Chicago
SWOP-Chicago is a chapter of and recieves fiscal sponsorship from Sex Workers Outreach Project, a 501(c)3 organization. Sex Workers Outreach Project and its 14 chapters are devoted to supporting the fundimental human rights of individuals involved in the sex trade, with a focus on ending stigma and violence.
SWOP-Chicago is a volunteer run and peer-led organization that works to improve the lives of current and former sex workers through small-scale service provision, peer support and empowerment, resource aggregation, and public education and advocacy.
Benefit Proceeds will help SWOP-Chicago...
- Pay for rent, utilities and supplies at our new permanent office space, where we'll host regular legal clinics, drop-in hours, and support activities for sex workers.
- Print brochures, PROS Network resource guides, self-care and rights zines, and service provider training materials.
- Purchase gas, snacks, hygiene & safer sex materials for weekly street outreach.
- Launch a weekly art-based community organizing group in fall 2014, and Organize a Sex Worker Art Show in 2015