Saturday, May 9, 2009 from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (EDT)
!!Registration for Sex 2.0 2009 in Washington D.C. is now closed!!
For more information, please visit our website at http://sex20con.com
Sex 2.0 will focus on the intersection of social media, feminism, and sexuality. How is social media enabling people to learn, grow, and connect sexually? How is sexual expression tied to social activism? Does the concept of transparency online offer new opportunities or present new roadblocks — or both? These questions, and many more, will be addressed within a safe, welcoming, sex-positive space.
At Sex 2.0, everyone is a participant rather than a passive attendee. This is YOUR event!
Respecting the confidentiality and protecting the identities of participants who wish to maintain a degree of anonymity will be a top priority at Sex 2.0. To ensure everyone's privacy we will email you the hotel registration information after you have registered for the event.
To ensure everyone's personal privacy we will email you the hotel information once you have registered. Sex 2.0 will be held a beautiful Washington D.C. area hotel. The hotel is off the Red Line on DC Metro and is just a few stops from all D.C. monuments and museums. The hotel also has over 30 restaurants and markets within a 3 block radius.
Hotel rates are not included in the price of registration. Once registered you will receive the host hotel booking information. Please note that as of April, 24th we have sold out the block of available rooms at our discounted rate. Once you register for the event we will send you the host hotel registration information as well as a list of other hotels very near the event hotel that may offer lower rates. Hotel rates in D.C. average $100-$140 per night. Room sharing is encouraged! Please use the google groups discussion list to help find a room share.
- Air Travel
- Reagan Airport
- Metro accessible
- Cab est. $35
- Dulles Airport
- not accessible via DC Metro.
- Cab/ shuttle .est $45
- Baltimore Airport
- not accessible via DC Metro transportation
- *BWI typically has the cheapest flights. Here is a travel tip via @DDog. Shuttle from BWI airport to BWI Amtrak station (free), then MARC train to Union Station ($6), and from there DC Metro to venue ($3). This may be the cheapest of all options.
- Reagan Airport
- Arrive at Union Station then Metro or cab to Hotel
- Note: some buses arrive in Chinatown just down the street from Union Station
- Hotel daily parking is available as well as some street parking