PRE-REQUISITES TO ATTENDANCE:
- familiarity with DOE policies and procedures as related to special needs students
- SESIS Basics for New or Occasional Users course or comparable experience using SESIS
- An understanding of the available choices for completing an evaluation when assistance is requested
- registration via Eventbrite is mandatory to reserve a computer for your use in the session
This hands-on training session will focus on the processes and functionality employed when request for assistance is needed for an evaluation, including:
- Accessing training and reference materials on the SESIS web portal and in the SESIS tool
- Responsibilities of the Psychologist in requesting assistance in SESIS
- Responsibilities of network staff in requesting assistance in SESIS
- Responsibilities of contract agency staff in requesting assistance in SESIS
- How the Request for Assistance and Per Session sections of the Assessment Planning document are to be utilized
- How to access and interpret the Request for Assistance report
- How to send and receive messages in SESIS
Who: Cluster and Network School Support Staff
What: SESIS Instructor-led Training
Where: 28-11 Queens Plaza North, 4th Floor Computer Lab, Queens, NY 11101
When: Wednesday, July 31, 2012 from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm
Thank you for your participation. We look forward to meeting with you.
When & Where
SESIS Project Team
FOR YOUR INFORMATION: No per session
Thank you for registering for the summer SESIS training to learn about navigation, assessment planning, encounter attendance, Individualized Education Program (IEP) navigation, requests for assistance and amendments to the IEP and reconvening an IEP meeting.
The summer training sessions are professional development opportunities designed for cluster/network staff and per session will not be provided.
If you would like to modify your registration, please visit the SESIS training event page http://www.eventbrite.com/org/430057476?s=15524617