The Sharing Experience: From Violence in Our Lives to Peace in Our Communities
- Prescott Police Department, Prescott AZ
Services for Children: How Exposure to Violence Impacts Children and How Advocates Can Provide Support
Wednesday, September 10, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (MST)
The goals of this 4 hour Advanced Focus Training are - To provide trauma-informed, evidence-based tools for advocates to help: – Strengthen resilience and competence in children and parents – Children make positive contributions to their family or community
– Identify and nurture areas of competence, skill or talent
– Connect children with supportive adults/mentors.
Advocates can use the recommendations to assess areas in which they already excel, and determine areas in which they would like to further develop skills. Recommendations focus on interventions with a single child or family (as opposed to larger systems change). Each recommendation can be adapted to apply to other types of work with children.
Registration, Cancellation and Payment: Registration is required for the training.
• Register early! Training fills quickly and registration is handled on a first come, first serve basis. Space is limited.
• Cancellations must be made at least one week prior.
• No refunds and registration fees are non-transferable to another training if participants do not cancel at least one week prior, per cancellation notice NO SHOWS will be charged a $50.00 fee.
For more information and/or to become a member please contact Admin Department at 602-279-2900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our mission is to lead, to advocate, to educate, to collaborate, to prevent and end sexual & domestic violence in Arizona.
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.