Serious Eats All-Star Sandwich Festival*SOLD OUT*ABSOLUTELY NO TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR*
Saturday, July 23, 2011 from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
New York, United States
Join Serious Eats for the ultimate summer picnic as we celebrate our favorite sandwiches in New York City and induct them into the Serious Eats Hall of Fame. Is there any better way to spend a summer afternoon than Serious Eats-selected sandwiches, beer and dessert on Governors Island?
- Torrisi Italian Specialties: Turkey hero
- Locanda Verde: Lamb meatball sliders
- Gramercy Tavern: House-smoked ham and cheese with pickled veggies and garlic aioli
- Best Pizza: Meatball Parm
- Salumeria Biellese and Sullivan Street Bakery: A special Serious Eats sandwich never before available to general public: culatella with grilled peaches, mint and hazelnut spread
- Banh Mi Zon: Banh mi (vegetarian option)
- Taim Mobile: Falafel
- 'wichcraft: Grilled pork belly with smoked cole slaw and dijon mustard on artisanal bread
- Peanut Butter & Co.: the Elvis (a grilled peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwich, bacon optional)
- The Food Lab (Kenji): Sliders
Our Maggie-Hoffman-selected beer fridge is full of craft brew favorites: Blue Point, Smuttynose, Firestone Walker, Rodenbach, Founders, Victory, The Bruery, Captain Lawrence, Sixpoint, Elysian, Nebraska Brewing, Thomas Hooker, and more. We'll also be pouring lots of delicious wine: Montinore, Channing Daughters, Shaw, VOS Selections, and Bedell, and cider from Farnum Hill. Fizzy Lizzy, Red Jacket Orchards and Counterculture Coffee complete our beverage line up.
Serious Eats favorite Big Gay Ice Cream Truck and People's Pops. Stay tuned for more menu developments!
We hope to see you on July 23rd - buy your ticket now before they are gone! To request a press pass, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you'd like to join our team of wonderful volunteers, please email email@example.com.
A portion of the proceeds support Edible Schoolyard NYC.
Edible Schoolyard NYC is dedicated to integrating organic gardening and fresh, seasonal and nutritious cooking into New York City's public schools. Our goal is help New York City's one million public school students make healthier choices and change the way they eat...for life.