"College Admission: From Application to Acceptance, Step by Step"
with Robin Mamlet and Christine VanDeVelde, co-authors
Introduction by Alice Kleeman, M-A College Advisor
Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Sequoia High School MPR
Come hear from the experts! Don't miss Robin Mamlet and Christine VanDeVelde, co-authors of College Admission: From Application to Acceptance, Step by Step! College Admission is the ultimate user’s manual and go-to guide for any student or family approaching the college application process. Featuring the wise counsel of more than 50 deans of admission, no other guide has such thorough, expert, compassionate, and professional advice.
Let’s be honest: applying to college can be stressful for students and parents. But here’s the good news: students have many great college options. Robin Mamlet has been dean of admission at Stanford, Swarthmore, and Sarah Lawrence, and journalist and parent Christine VanDeVelde has been through the process firsthand as the parent of a college applicant.
At this event, you'll get clear, comprehensive, and expert answers to all your questions:
• The role of extracurricular activities
• What it means to find a college that's the "right fit"
• What's more important: high grades or tough courses
• What role does testing play
• The best candidates for early admission
• When help from parents is too much help
• Advice for athletes, artists, international students, and those with learning differences
• How wait lists work
• Applying for financial aid
Sequoia Parent Education Series events are FREE and sponsored by the Sequoia PTSA and the Sequoia Healthcare District.
Simultaneous Spanish interpretation will be provided.
Refreshments from 6:30 - 7:00 p.m. in the MPR
For more information, contact Charlene Margot, Parent Education Series, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650.868.0590.