Sensory-Based Support: Workshop for Parents of Children Birth to 5
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
As a parent, have you ever wondered…
- Why does my child move differently from other kids?
- Why does he spin around or bump into things?
- Why does he tune out or seem disturbed in certain environments?
- Why does his mood change rapidly or unpredictably?
- Why won’t he touch or taste certain things?
These are all sensory-based struggles that many of our children face. Come attend a two-hour workshop with Katherine Abbey, M.A., OTR/L, Occupational Therapist, to learn more about the cause of some of these challenges as well as various strategies to help our children regulate their bodies and movements, and increase tolerance to sensitivities. Gain ideas you can incorporate in daily life and playtime with your child who is between the ages of birth to 5. There will be a PowerPoint, hands-on activities and discussion.
NO CHILDREN PLEASE.
Contact the KYRC at 213.252.5600 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
When & Where
Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center
Koch-Young Resource Center, 213.252.5600 or email@example.com