Sensis / Pollenizer Hackathon #sapihack
Saturday, 24 March 2012 at 9:00 AM - Saturday, 31 March 2012 at 7:00 PM (EST)
Sydney, New South Wales
SATURDAY MARCH 24 & SATURDAY MARCH 31
The Sensis / Pollenizer Hacakthon is a 2 day product development bootcamp.
On Saturday March 24 all the idea generators, code masters and design maestros come together to brainstorm. Ideas are sparked, teams are formed, products are scoped, and it all culminates in a series of pitches to our panel of industry experts. All teams get feedback and the best are encouraged to continue on.
Teams will have a week in between to research their audience, model their financials, plan their marketing, debate features, discuss strategies, and bond together over their product ideas.
Then on Saturday March 31 the group hackathon begins as teams return to design and develop a working prototype of their product.
Follow @SensisAPI and #sapihack for updates.
Want to get a jump on the competion? Sign up for a Sensis API key now and start exploring.
You should plan to be there from 9:00 am - 7:00 pm on both Saturdays.
In addition, all entries will be judged by a team from Pollenizer Ventures who are looking for one amazing concept to invest in. Should you be selected you will be offered:
- 2 desk spaces at the Pollenizer Hive
- $2,000 / month of hosting credit with Ninefold
- Weekly "heart-bit" meeting with the Pollenizer senior staff
- Monthly gathering with the Pollenizer Ventures investors
- Access to the broader Pollenizer network and pool of cross
1. Depth of integration with the Sensis API: Does the application take advantage of the unique functionality & geo-location features offered by SAPI?
2. Business Model: What promise does it make to consumers? Is there a broad enough target market for the product? How will the product generate revenue?
3. User Experience: Is the product easy to use? Does the functionality make sense?
4. Level of innovation: Does it solve a business and/or customer problem? Does it satisfy an unmet or unrealized need? Is the product unique or innovative?
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.