San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
There is no shortage of the political and cultural issues that Christians must be prepared to address today. From the influence of the LGBT community to the massive slaughter of the unborn through abortion, the issues are multifaceted and complex. They all intersect in the realm of politics, but many Christians today are unsure how to engage in the political arena in a way that is both respectful towards authority and obedient to God's Word.
We are in dire need of a reformation in the area of "Civil Authority and Christian Responsibility.” With the depravity of our culture becoming more and more visible, is it not possible that God has placed us here "for such a time as this?"
This fall, Grace Family Baptist Church is hosting our annual Semper Reformanda Conference in Spring, TX. On October 17th -18th, 2014, we will meet to discuss this year’s theme of “Religion & Politics.” The sessions will include the following:
- The Moral Law in the Public Square
- Sovereignty of God and Human Authority (Romans 13)
- A Look at the Same Sex Marriage Debate
- A Case Study on Oliver Cromwell
- A roundtable discussion on the impact of faith in politics with Dr. Bruce Shortt, Texas Agricultural Commissioner Todd Staples, State Representative David Simpson, and Dr. Steve Branson, facilitated by Dr. Voddie Baucham
We are very excited about this opportunity to biblically & candidly address these critical issues that have become taboo for Christians in our culture. Will you consider joining us this fall in Spring, TX for this time of learning and encouragement?
Soli Deo Gloria!
Voddie Baucham and Stephen Bratton
Elders, Grace Family Baptist Church
For more information about this event, visit www.gracefamilybaptist.net.
When & Where
Grace Family Baptist Church
A Kingdom Minded, Christ Exalting, Multi-generational Community of Faith