TALK: Greta Garbo - The Secret
- Film, Media & Entertainment
- House of Sweden, Washington DC
Young Innovators Wanted!
Young innovators are key to a vibrant, innovation-driven economy. In this seminar we will discuss the importance of supporting young innovators, and identify lessons learned from various initiatives that help them develop and market their ideas.
In both Sweden and the U.S., innovation is a subject high on the agenda. There is also a special focus on the next generation's ability to compete in the 21st century economy. To provide supportive policies and environments for spurring young innovators, there is a need for help in generating new ideas, starting new companies, or innovating from within existing companies and organizations. We anticipate an interesting discussion on issues related to effectively supporting young entrepreneurs and to learn from the wide range of experiences among the panel and audience.
House of Sweden
March 2, 2012
10:00 am – 12:00 pm, followed by lunch
Registration from 9:30 am
Ms Annie Lööf, Sweden’s Minister of Enterprise
Ms Rebecca Blank, Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Commerce (invited)
Mr. Jonathan Ortmans, Senior Fellow, Kauffman Foundation and President, Global Entrepreneurship Week
Dr. John Casey, Entrepreneur-in-Residence at George Mason University. Adjunct Professor of Management
- Ms Sarah Green, Partner and Chief Operation Officer, Empact
- Ms Annika Järemo, Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth and project manager for “Young Innovators”
- Ms Ellen Thrasher, Director, Office of Entrepreneurship Education, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Ms Therese Sjölundh, Founder and Managing Director of Jönköping Science Park, Sweden
- Mr. Evan Burfield, Chair of Startup DC
“Innovative Sweden”, an exhibition of recent innovations developed by young Swedish innovators will be on display in House of Sweden.
This seminar is part of the Embassy of Sweden program Innovation & Education. For more information, visit www.swedenabroad.com/washington
In collaboration with: The Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth, VINNOVA - the Swedish Governmental Agency for Innovation Systems, George Mason University and Empact
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.