Seminar: What Happens to the Marital Home in Divorce
Thursday, June 7, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (EDT)
What Happens to the Marital Home in Divorce
Carol Khouri, CFP, CDFA, a financial advisor with Wingate Wealth Advisors, will lead and moderate a panel of legal, mortgage and banking professionals who specialize in working with and representing divorcing couples and individuals. The panel of speakers includes:
- Matthew P. Trask, Esq., Kelsey & Trask P.C. Framingham, MA;
- David M. Gaffin, MBA, senior loan officer, Greenpark Mortgage, a division of Berkshire Bank, Needham, MA; and
- Barbie Jetter, MS, CPC, CDPP, regional lending manager, Bank of Canton, Canton, MA.
The panel will discuss the various housing options that are available to divorcing couples during and after the divorce. Topics will include:
- Selling the marital home and splitting the proceeds;
- One spouse staying in the home until children graduate high school or college;
- One spouse buying out the other’s interest;
- What happens when there is no equity and the couple needs to do a short sale; and
- Ramifications of doing a short sale.
Seminar is offered free of charge, however, a donation of $20. is suggested.
See website (www.thedivorcecenter.org) for complete information on topics
When & Where
The Divorce Center
The Divorce Center is an organization comprised of professionals (i.e. attorneys, mediators, social workers, financial planners etc.) who provide support and knowledge for those going through separation or divorce. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org URL: www.thedivorcecenter.org