San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Interest in local food systems and sustainable agriculture has been growing every year. Many communities around the country have seized upon this growing interest to develop environments where local agriculture has created impressive contributions to community and economic development. Seeds of Growth is a conference designed to bring together key stakeholders in our area to learn about how the increasing demand for locally grown food can benefit local communities, aid economic development and become an important tool in community revitalization. If you are a city official, school cafeteria manager or farmers market manager, you should attend this conference.
Among the topics that will be covered:
- Growing the Economy-The Impact of Local Food Systems on the Local Economy
- Growing for Market-Farmers Markets and the Local Community
- Growing the Cafeteria-Farm to School Programs in Georgia
- Growing Our Reach-The State of Local Agriculture in Georgia
- Growing Cooperation-The Atlanta Local Food Initiative
- Growing the Crops-Meet the Farmers Roundtable
- Growing the Melting Pot-How Local Food Creates Diverse Communities
- Growing Visitors-How Agritourism can Help Local Economies
- Kent Wolfe-Director-Center for Agribusiness and Economic Development-UGA
- Erin Croom-Farm to School Coordinator-Georgia Organics
- Susan Pavlin-Executive Director-Global Growers Association
- Julie Self-Atlanta Local Food Initiative
- Alice Rolls-Executive Director-Georgia Organics
- Mary Boland-President-Georgia Agritourism Association
- Katie Cash Hayes-Executive Director-Community Farmers Markets
- Brennan Washington-Phoenix Gardens, Southern SARE
- Farmers Roundtable and much, much more
There will loads of great information to take home and a chance to win some great door prizes. And breakfast and lunch featuring some fabulous locally grown food will be served.
There is no admission fee. Register today!
For More Information: email@example.com