Seed Funding (Live Video Stream)
Thursday, March 10, 2011 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (EST)
Thursday, March 10 (6:30pm EST)
- When should you seek seed funding? What state should the company/concept/team be in?
- How do you determine who is appropriate to pitch to?
- What format and content is appropriate for a seed-funding pitch?
- What is the difference between an seed, angel, super-angel, and Series A funding?
- What are an entrepreneur’s biggest obstacles to getting funded?
- Seed funding technologies – AngelList, KickStarter, AngelSoft…
- Seed funding and mentoring programs – TechStars, Y Combinator, DreamIt, Founder Institute, Keiretsu Forum, angel groups…
- How is the venture capital and angel investment landscape expected to change in 2011?
- And much more…
- Graham Lawlor, Founder of Ultra Light Startups
Panelists (alphabetic order):
- David Cohen (@davidcohen) CEO and Founder of TechStars
- Shai Goldman (@shaig) Director at Silicon Valley Bank
- Jeff Stewart (@urgentspeed) Founder of Mimeo.com, Urgent Group, and Urgent Ventures
- Mark Wachen, Managing Partner at DreamIt Ventures, Founder/CEO of Upstage Ventures
Video Stream: If you cannot attend this event in person, please consider watching our live video stream. The stream will have full coverage of the startup pitches, interactive panel discussion, as well as exclusive interviews with panelists, startup founders, and special guests.
Boston: If you are in Boston, consider attending the event there in person. Click here to register for the Boston event.
When & Where
Ultra Light Startups®
Ultra Light Startups brings together the world's most innovative technology entrepreneurs, in monthly events and accompanying online communities. Events feature pitching, networking and interactive, moderated panel discussions with leading industry experts.
Topics covered: design, technology, marketing and finance