Seed Collection and Saving
Saturday, October 12, 2013 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
Producing your own seeds for your garden can seem a little intimidating; however, it is much easier than you think and is such an important part of building resilient food systems. In this class, you will learn the basic principles involved in producing, collecting, and saving your own seeds. Using your own seeds is such an empowering feeling, so please come join us for some classroom and hands-on training!
Taught by Lucas Howerter, who is an Ecology Action Field Coordinator at the Golden Rule training garden in Willits, CA.
When & Where
Common Ground Garden Supply and Education Center
Creating Abundance in Community
- hands-on classes and events in organic gardening and sustainable lifestyles
- seeds and plant starts - hundreds of edible, medicinal, native and ornamental varieties
- organic composts, fertilizers and mulches - a broad selection
- tools and natural disease and pest control products - the highest quality
- books, magazines, cards, and gift items
- volunteer opportunities and new friends.