Secret Music: A two peice electro-pop band out of Brooklyn NC. Check out their music video below on Stereogum.
Deleted Scenes: Deleted Scenes, a four-piece indie band from DC, released its first full-length album, Birdseed Shirt, in 2009, fifteen years after meeting in grade school. It was recorded mostly in group houses across the East Coast with producer L. Skell (The Rude Staircase). Pitchfork praised its “thoughtful existentialism and strange, drowsy downers” (8.0 score), and NPR called it “playfully unpredictable and totally infectious.”
Pitchfork (8.0, 7.8): http://pitchfork.com/artists/27572-deleted-scenes/
Brooklyn Vegan: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/chicago/tag/Deleted+Scenes
When & Where
The Pinhook has become Durham’s premiere venue for live music, excellent DJ’s, basic chilling, and collaborative creative events. Here’s what we got:
- Weekends of Musical Mayhem- featuring the best bands from The Triangle, North Carolina, and well beyond.
- Weeknight Monthlies like Open Mics, Open Jams, Karaoke, Trivia, and DJ sets.
- THE GREATEST BAR STAFF IN THE UNIVERSE!
- Pool, Tekken, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Backgammon, Scrabble, etc. (and people with whom to play these games)
- CHEAP. DRINKS. $3 Tallboys, $2 PBR, $1.50 Schlitz, $4 Well Drinks Monday-Wednesday.
- Nightly specials – the perfect way to make cheap drinks even cheaper.
- A PATIO OUT BACK! OUR PATIO IS SO AWESOME. I LOVE YOU, PATIO.
But the most important thing we have is YOU. The Pinhook is YOUR place. We believe that communities thrive when there is a public place for their citizens to be themselves, whether on stage or on a barstool, relaxing or rocking out. For Durham and the Triangle, the Pinhook is that place.
You gotta make your own fun in life, but we’re here to help.