MongoDB delivers public in-person training classes around the world by our own instructors and engineers. Classes include lessons with follow-up exercises and hands-on labs to solidify your understanding of MongoDB. We limit our class sizes to a maximum of 12 students per instructor. This ratio optimizes the individual attention students receive while they develop their skills.
This course combines the developer and administrator training into one. It covers everything you need to know from building and designing an application on top of MongoDB to successfully deploying and maintaining it. Instead of taking two 2-day courses, this training covers the same content in just 3 days.
MongoDB Training Agenda
General Training, Part I: Day 1
Introduction to MongoDB
- What is MongoDB and Why?
- Core concepts
- Different deployment models
CRUD and the MongoDB Shell
- Introduction to the MongoDB API and the core concepts of documents and collections
Indexing and Schema Design
- Indexing, query profiling and the query optimizer
- Some schema design case studies
- Practice modeling various domains
- Schemas for atomic operations
General Training, Part II: Day 2
- How the drivers work in general
- Driver APIs with examples
- Overview of replication
- Setting up replica sets
- How replication affects application design
- Getting information about MongoDB
- Performance indicators
- Typical monitoring setup.
- How to integrate with custom monitoring solutions.
- Red flags: things to watch for.
General Training, Part II: Day 3
- Overview of sharding
- Setting up sharding
- How sharding affects application design
Backups and Recovery
- mongodump based approaches
- File system/storage level approaches
Additional Topics as Time and Interest Permit
- GeoSpatial Indexes
Q & A and Hands-on Work
Purchase of a training ticket(s) is subject to the following terms and conditions: Training Agreement
For questions or more details contact email@example.com.
When & Where
MongoDB University can help customers build, run and deploy applications on MongoDB through professional training. The training enables organizations to improve developer and end-user experience, reduce time to market, decrease deployment and operational costs and lower business risk.
As part of our offerings, we deliver public in-person training classes taught around the world by our own instructors and engineers. Classes include lessons with follow-up exercises and hands-on labs to solidify your understanding of MongoDB. We limit our class sizes to a maximum of 12 students per instructor. This ratio optimizes the individual attention students receive while they develop their skills. We also offer private on-site training.