Are You Certify-Able? If so, is that a good thing? We discuss the Microsoft Project Certification this month.
For over 20 years, IT professionals have been pursuing a wide variety of Microsoft Certifications to reflect their mastery of Microsoft applications and solutions. For Microsoft Project, there are two exams you can take to achieve your Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist (MCTS) – one for Project Server, and the other, for Project.
In the May MPUG Seattle meeting, we will discuss the MCTS exam on MS Project, 70-178 and seek to provide answers to the following questions you might have:
- What certifications are available from Microsoft for MS Project?
- Why would I want to achieve these certifications? How is the achievement recognized in industry, compared to the PMP and other Project Management certifications?
- What types of jobs does the certification prepare me for?
- What are my options for preparing for the exam? EX: Self-study, webinars, live courses, etc.
- How rigorous is the test? What types of questions are asked? How many questions?
- Have any advice on how to best achieve this, and what pitfalls to avoid?
Sam Huffman, a trainer and consultant at the Versatile Project Management Company, will be our presenter. In the presentation:
- We’ll provide answers to the above questions
- We’ll present sample exam questions and answers a study guide.
- Leave you with information on resources and ways to best prepare for the exam
Sam Huffman has delivered training for The Versatile Company since 1996. Prior to joining Versatile, he gained insight into Microsoft Project while working at Microsoft as a member of the Microsoft Project development and support team. He has maintained his intimate knowledge of Microsoft Project with each new release and is considered a leading authority on the tool, including the enterprise features of all versions of Project and Project Server.
During his tenure at Versatile, Sam honed his instruction skills by delivering programs for approximately 1000 people every year. His reputation for delivering practical wisdom with an upbeat style makes him one of Versatile’s most requested instructors. He is a certified Project Management Professional, Microsoft Certified Trainer and a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Project since 2010. Catch Sam's blog at http://winprojblog.blogspot.com
When & Where
Where Project Managers and Microsoft® Meet. MPUG delivers our users relevant and independent Microsoft Project Management content, resources, opportunities and community networking world wide. MPUG connects thousands of project management practitioners -- to help them better leverage their investment in Microsoft tools such as Microsoft Project, Excel and Sharepoint for Project Management and ultimately advance their businesses and careers.