Search Snippets #7: Careers in Search Marketing
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (CDT)
MnSearch brings you Careers in Search for the next Search Snippets event on June 26, 2013. The future for search marketers looks bright as businesses increase spend on SEO and paid search. Search engine marketing is a rapidly-changing field, and it’s not always easy to find credible career resources and advice. SEMPO's State of Search Marketing Report found that finding and hiring search marketing talent is a growing challenge.
- How to land a career in search
- How to advance an existing career in search
Ward Tongen moderate a mixed panel of in-house and agency hiring managers and search recruiters to answer questions ranging from where to work, which skills to invest in, and how best to advance your career. The event will once again be held at the Day Block Event Center in Minneapolis thanks to our generous venue sponsor Internet Exposure.
- Date: Wednesday, June 26th, 2013
- Time: 6pm-8pm (6pm networking, 6:30pm presentations and discussion, 7:30 networking)
- Location: Day Block Event Center, 1103 Washington Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55415
- (2nd floor) www.receptionhallminneapolis.com
- Included: Food, beverages, knowledge, networking and good-times for all
- Cost for Members: Free for member pre-registration, $25 at-the-door
- Cost for General Admission: $20 pre-registration, $25 at-the-door, or Join Today and Attend for Free
- Career Options and Setting
- What search marketing skills are in demand?
- What is it like to work in-house or at an agency?
- Training and Advancement
- What kind of training should you seek?
- What are recommended certifications and are they worth it?
- What level and years experience are marketable?
- What kind of advancement opportunities can you expect?
- Looking for a Job, Networking and Personal Branding
- How should you use LinkedIn and social media for job hunting?
- How important is my LinkedIn profile and other social media profiles?
- Are resumes still a requirement to get a job?
- How important is personal branding?
- What is the importance of networking?
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
When & Where
MnSearch - Minnesota Search Engine Marketing Association
MnSearch is a Minnesota non-profit organization dedicated to building a local community that advances search engine marketing by providing networking events, sharing knowledge and educating members and the public.
Visit us at www.mnsearch.org or to discover more on: