Search Snippets #16: The State of Search
Wednesday, September 24, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
MnSearch’s next Search Snippets event (#16) will be held on September 24th, 2014 and will feature a panel discussion with our Board Members. With all the recent search engine changes we will be focusing this month’s event on “The State of Search”.
So in an effort to bring you as much information as possible about the latest two algorithm shake-ups and authorship mark-up, we wanted to do things a bit different this month. We will have three short presentations and opening it up for a panel discussion with audience Q&A! Don't miss this opportunity to get your questions answered.
We will be covering the following three “hot” topics in search:
- PIGEON Local Update: Did the latest Pigeon update poop on your Local SEO? Get an overview of this latest algorithm change for Local SEO, how it’s impacted different industries and tips on what to do moving forward. Presented by Susan M. Staupe, Senior SEO Strategist for Nifty Marketing / NiftyLaw and MNSearch, Event Director.
- Google AdWords and Bing Ads Changes: Google and Bing have both announced plans to change their keyword matching algorithms for both exact and phrase match keywords. These “close variant” changes will result in expanding the search queries that your keywords will map to. Learn about how big of a change this really is and how to reevaluate or potentially overhaul major portions of your account structure. Presented by James Svoboda, CEO & Managing Director at WebRanking and President & Co-Founder of MNSearch.
- Authorship is DEAD: It’s official, but now you'll have a chance to get the latest update on authorship code and whether or not you have to worry about removing that dead code from your site and what to do moving forward. Presented by Josh Braaten, Vice President of MNSearch.
- Date: Wednesday, September 24th, 2014
- Time: 6pm-8pm (6pm networking, 6:30pm presentations and discussion, 7:30 networking)
- Location: Spyder Trap, 1625 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (parking options)
- Included: Food, beverages, knowledge, networking and good-times for all (except those drinking alcohol must be 21+ years of age)
- Cost for Members: $35. Free for member pre-registration.
- Cost for General Admission: $35 or Join Today and Attend for Free
- At-the-Door Registration: $40
When & Where
MnSearch - Minnesota Search Engine Marketing Association
MnSearch is a Minnesota non-profit organization dedicated to building a local community that advances search engine marketing by providing networking events, sharing knowledge and educating members and the public.
Visit us at www.mnsearch.org or to discover more on: