San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
In honor of Scribd's partnership with Lonely Planet, we will be hosting international travel writer, Don George, to our monthly Author Series at Scribd. This is a rare opportunity to meet a writer who has paved the way for others in the field and who has seen the world and felt its wonders up close.
And while you're waiting, you can read The Lonely Planet Guide to Travel Writing on Scribd now.
What makes this event special?
Unlike a regular book signing, this event gives you the chance to meet authors and influencers up close. You'll also get a FREE book that the author can personally sign just for being a Scribd reader.
Why do you want to attend?
If you're a travel lover, reader, or writer, this is not to be missed. You'll get a rare chance to meet this influential writer in person. He's written books with Anthony Bourdain, people!
What will you get out of this event?
You'll get to meet Don George up close for an informal meet-and-greet that is more intimate than a big book signing. You'll have the chance to shake his hand and talk to him face-to-face. Also, you'll get a free signed book, 3 free months of unlimited reading on Scribd and refreshments, duh!
Why do we host these events?
We want to gather inspiring writers and passionate readers to celebrate the enduring power of books. Providing access to literary events is central to our mission to spread the love of reading and encourage writers to pursue their craft wholeheartedly.
About Don George
He is a travel writer and editor, who has served as travel editor at the San Francisco Examiner, San Francisco Chronicle, and National Geographic. He also founded and edited the Wanderlust section of Salon.com and was the Global Travel Editor at Lonely Planet. He is co-founder and chairman of the annual Book Passage Travel Writers and Photographers Conference, happening in August in Corte Madera.
Follow our armchair travel pinboard for Lonely Planet guides matched with literary book recommendations.
- Date: Tuesday, April 29
- Doors open at 5:30. Event begins at 6PM sharp.
- Complimentary coffee, tea, wine, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks
- Free copies of Don George's latest book. We have a limited number, so please arrive on-time.
- Use #ScribdAuthors to share with friends on social media.
- We will be offering a promo code for 3 free months of Scribd reading.
- Transportation: Parking is available via meters around the building and in a parking lot at 580 Brannan St. We're also walkable from Powell BART and very near to most Muni lines at 4th and King.
When & Where
Carrie runs all things community at Scribd.