San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Meet, share, and learn with Colorado Scratch Programmers at Scratch Day 2013.
Scratch Day 2013 - Cherry Creek Schools District will be hosting this event on Saturday, May 18th, 2013 from 9:00am until 3:00pm. Sign in starts at 8:00am.
This is a Bring-Your-Own-Laptop if you can event (there will be some computers available) for students, teachers, and parents, you'll have opportunities to:
-meet, share, and learn with other Scratch Programmers
-share your Scratch creations and collaborate on new creations
-learn more about Scratch
- 8:00AM-8:50AM Meet, greet, and sign-in as everyone arrives
- 9:00AM- Scratch Day kickoff
- 9:30AM- Break Out Session 1A: Learn what Scratch is and how to create. Begin working on Scratch challenges.
- Break Out Session 1B: Programmers and teams begin working on Scratch challenges.
- 12:00PM- Lunch (BYOL) Lunch will not be provided
- 1:00PM- Break Out Session 2A: New Scratchers begin on their programming challenge.
- Break Out Session B: Programmers continue programming their solutions from the morning.
- 2:00PM-3:00PM Sharing: To close out the day kids and parents meet in a final assembly to celebrate and share.
When & Where
Jon Pierce is an Coodinator for Elementary STEM and Innovation for Cherry Creek School District. Jon has created opportunities for many elementary schools to bring large scale learning experiences to the classroom. Jon is passionate about monumental growth to the landscape of education and making the difference between students going to school and propelling them to the next level.