Scotch Tasting and Food Pairing (San Jose)
Thursday, September 5, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (PDT)
San Jose, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for a taste of Scotland in Downtown San Jose! We will be tasting a fiight of different Scotch Whiskies and each Scotch will be accompanied by an exquisite food pairing. Here is a quick check list to help you determine if this is an event that you would enjoy:
- If you love Scotch, you don't want to miss this event
- If you don't love Scotch but want to see what the hype is about, you don't want to miss this event
- If you love great food, you don't want to miss this event
- If you love having a great time, you don't want to miss this event
- Pain and simple: YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS EVENT!!!
In addition to the flight and the food pairings, at every event, the 78 Degrees staff will walk you through the history of Scotch, as well as each drink being presented. They will also teach you how to properly observe, nose, and taste the spirit, as well as help you identify tasting notes that you can use when pairing food with spirits at home. Lastly, every event is full of different gifts and surprises, so be sure to save your seat and buy your tickets now before they sell out! Below is an outline of the Scotches being presented by a representative of Duncan Taylor Scotch Whisky the night of the event:
- Cragganmore 1997 15YO
- Glen Grant 1995 17YO Cask Strength
- Cameronbridge 1978 34YO Cask Strength
- Bruichladdich 1992 19YO Cask Strength
- Macduff 1998 14YO Cask Strength
This selection is rare and hard to come by so it definetily an event you do not want to miss!
You are still reading?? We haven't convinced you that this scotch tasting is a must attend event? It's okay, we understand. You are one of those, "I need to see it to believe it" kind of personalities. That's fine, check out a video of our past Whisk(e)y World Tour, to get an idea of what to expect. (You can't see the video below? Click here to view the video on Vimeo)
1) Is there a phone number or email where I can contact the organizer with any questions?
You can email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
2) What is your refund policy?
You can request (and will receive) a full refund up until 48 hours prior to the event. After that point, no refunds will be issued.
3) Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
You must be 21 to enter this event.
4) Do I need to print out and bring a ticket to get in?
You do not need to print out a ticket in order to get in. We will be checking IDs at the door, and will simply find you on our registration list.
5) Will you be selling tickets at the door?
If the event doesn't sell out, we may sell tickets at the door. Door prices will be higher than advance prices.
6) Is the venue wheelchair accessible?
About 78 Degrees:
78 Degrees was started by two cognac and scotch enthusiasts. They noticed that many people (including themselves) had misconceptions about scotch, cognac, and other premium liquors. They also learned that many people found exploring scotch and cognac to be somewhat intimidating, and were unsure where to begin. Since then, they have been on a mission to remove the shroud of mystery surrounding the world of cognac, scotch, and other aged spirits, making it more accessible to a larger audience. 78 Degrees will be holding events at bars all around the Bay Area at which guests will be presented with specially-selected flights and cocktails, along with fun and interactive education. A combination of education, fun, and approachability is used at the events to encourage nearly everyone to find a way that they can enjoy these fine spirits.