The Ph.D. Career Planning Series presents:
Scientific Communication: Building Bridges Between Science and Business
Workshop led by Arun Divakaruni, Ph.D.
Vice President of Scientific Communications, Weber Shandwick and UCLA Alumnus
Friday, April 19, 2013
12:00pm – 1:00pm
Space is limited! Please RSVP above!
- What is scientific communication? Why do companies and scientists need to be good at it?
- How are social and digital media changing the public conversation on science and medicine?
- How can you start a career in scientific communication?
Dr. Divakaruni is Vice President of Scientific Communications at Weber Shandwick, a leading public relations firm. He advises and develops communications programs for a range of biopharmaceutical clients aimed at a variety of audiences. He graduated with his doctorate in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from UCLA.
The Ph.D. Career Planning Series is a collaborative project of:
- Academic Services, UCLA Graduate Division
- The California NanoSystem Institute (CNSI)
- The Society of Postdoctoral Scholars at UCLA
- David Geffen School of Medicine, Office of Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Scholars