Scholarship Application: MECDA's Professional Dance Conference & Retreat
Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 6:00 PM - Monday, October 10, 2011 at 2:00 PM (PDT)
Newport Beach, United States
MECDA's Professiona Dance Conference & Retreat Scholarship
Rules & Requirements:
• Must be 18+ to apply.
• Must be a MECDA Member to apply.
• Must fill out the official MECDA Professional Dance Conference & Retreat Online Application (includes a short essay on the provided topic, a space for your dance resume, a space to provide a link to your best performance), along with letter(s) of recommendation from your current/past dance instructors.
• Letters of recommendation should be submitted online by the person making the recommendation - using the official recommendation letter submission link.
• Applicant will be announced during the conference and will be expected to give a short speech about themselves, their dance career, and what they are looking to get out of the conference.
• Applicant must complete one volunteer shift during the conference, to be assigned by the event promoter.
• Applicant may be a professional or pre-professional performers.
• Scholarship winners will be selected by the Central Board of MECDA based on submitted materials.
• Applications will be accepted until Friday, September 9th, 2011. Recipient will be announced on Friday, September 16th, 2011.
• The applicant who is awarded the scholarship, will be refunded any payments made previously to ensure their space at the conference.
• Persons who are not current MECDA Members will not be considered. Questions about your membership? Email email@example.com.
• Full pass to MECDA's Professional Dance Conference & Retreat.
• Announcement of scholarship winner at the Thursday night mixer.
• Full access to lectures during the course of the conference (except when volunteering).
• 4 nights/5 day stay at the Newport Beach Hyatt Resort.
• Access to all of the conference events, including the Garden Gathering, Beach Blaze, Magic Under the Stars Show & Hafla, Bed Head Party, and more!
• A complimentary year added to your MECDA Membership.
• A henna session with our private henna artist, the Henna Crone.
• A 30 minute professional photo shoot with Lee Corkett, on site.
• A one hour private coaching session with Penny Collins.