Scholarly Communications at the Crossroads
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM (EST)
A panel discussion on the current state and future of academic presses and scholarly communications. With panelists:
- Jennier Crewe, Editorial Director at Columbia University Press;
- Ellen W. Faran, Director of The MIT Press;
- Kathleen Fitzpatrick, Director of Scholarly Communications at the Modern Language Association and Visiting Research Professor of English at NYU;
- Steve Maikowski, Director of NYU Press;
- Niko Pfund, President and Academic Publisher at Oxford University Press USA;
- Helen Tartar, Editorial Director, Fordham University Press; and
- John Wilken, Associate University Librarian for Publishing and Library Information Technology at the University of Michigan.
This event is co-sponsored by NYU Libraries, NYU Press, and the Humanities Initiative.
When & Where
Hosted by The Humanities Initiative at NYU and NYU Press
Created in 2007, the Humanities Initiative at NYU (HI) draws on the diverse talents and interests of NYU’s humanities faculty and students while taking advantage of the university’s location in New York City. The Initiative is committed to bringing NYU’s humanists together as well as to exploring the role of the humanities in the larger university and global community. Find out more at: http://humanitiesinitiative.org.