Join us at hack/reduce on July 1st and July 8th from 6-8pm for a two-part Scala School seminar led by two of Hopper's back-end developers!
In two 2-hour sessions we will introduce you to Scala, the general purpose programming language that reduces code size by 2 to 3 times compared to Java while integrating features of object-oriented and functional languages to increase programmers' productivity.
Who should attend?
- Java programmers: If you know Java already, the transition will be extremely easy as Scala and Java are fully interoperable
- Non-Java programmers: If you aren't already using Java don't worry because it's not a prerequisite nor is it expected. Scala is often best approached as a new language
Who uses Scala and why should I?
- The use of Scala is growing quickly as more and more companies are seeing the benefits of its implementation including: Hopper, LinkedIn, Twitter, Novell, Xerox, FourSquare, Sony, Siemens, & Ebay to name a few.
- Come for Scala School and see how Hopper utilizes Scala and how it could improve your efficiency and boost your programming-language repository!
Where is it?
- At hack/reduce, Boston's Big Data hackerspace, located in the historic Kendall Boiler & Tank building at 275 Third Street at the corner of Binney in Kendall Square
When is it?
- This event has TWO SESSIONS (only one registration required*) on consecutive Mondays, July 1st and July 8th. Join us for both sessions to get the complete Scala experience.
Monday July 1st, 6-8pm: Scala School Part 1
Monday July 8th, 6-8pm: Scala School Part 2
*Your registration on this page for July 1st automatically enrolls you for both Part 1 (July 1) and Part 2 (July 8).