SBIR Resource Network Kick-off
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Get Free Money for your Business with SBIR/STTR Grants!
Small Business Innovation Research Funds / Small Business Technology Transfer Research Funds (SBIR/STTR) are the number one technology venture funding for American inventors, start up enterprises, and early stage small businesses. Phase One grants can provide up to $150,000 and Phase Two grants can provide up to $1,000,000 depending on the awarding agency. Montgomery County's Business Innovation Network is pleased to announce the kick off of a new SBIR center in Germantown, MD to help Maryland businesses apply for, win, and manage these types of grants.
Please join us on May 13 for an event featuring an overview of SBIR/STTR. We'll have panelists explain the what, why, and how of the application process.
Here is the agenda:
8:30 - 9:00 Registration and light breakfast
9:00 - 9:30 Opening remarks by Steve Silverman, DED Director
9:30 - 10:20 Panel Discussion One: Explanation of SBIR program and agency perspective, featuring specialists from NIH and Dept. of Energy
10:30 - 11:30 Panel Discussion Two: Funded company's perspective
11:30 - 12:00 Wrap up
Who Should Attend: Maryland incubator members, technology start ups, DOD/NIH/NSF Federal contractors, Chambers of Commerce members and staff, economic development professionals
The Maryland SBIR Resource Network's purpose is to educate small business owners to help them receive seed funding capital from the government and to develop and commercialize their technology or scientific products. We'll be hosting training classes throughout the year to help businesses move through the grant process as agency deadlines occur. For more information about SBIR/STTR please visit www.sbir.gov.
With SBIR & STTR, inventors and small businesses can:
1. Fund innovative, high risk, early stage projects to start or expand a business
2. Receive funding quickly -- in as little as 4 months from application
3. Apply for funding with very little paperwork, time or effort
4. Retain full ownership of their technology & intellectual property
5. Retain full equity ownership
6. Retain cash for operations
7. Receive additional, active support for business planning, commercialization and private venture capital acquisition, funded by the government at NO COST TO OWNERS.
8. Establish a bid-advantaged, sole-source marketing position with the world's largest, ready-made customer base -- potentially worth billions to an SBIR firm
9. Gain credibility with the marketplace and potential investors
10. Receive real cash revenues, usually paid in advance of the work required
This program is generously supported by the Maryland Technology Development Corporation.