"Say RED"...Cocktails and Conversation
Wednesday, December 2, 2009 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CST)
CHICAGO, IL 60610
- Emmy Ward-winning AIDS activist Rae Lewis-Thornton
- MAC Cosmetics
- Pretty Afrika Jewelry
- Blogging While Brown Conference - 1 conference registration
- 2 Paintings: In the Garden (painted silk in flower shapes), Melting ego (painting on canvas by Mani Castillo)
- Box of Goodies from RedBox, featuring DVDs, tshirts, movie items
- Fusion of Color Cosmetics Gift Certificate
- Ai & Tsuki Restaurants Gift Certificates
- Wine Tasting Gift Certificate provided by PRP Wine International
Bellas, ROCK YOUR RED PUMPS. Fellas. ROCK YOUR RED TIES!
RSVP ended but you can still show up. You just may not be eligible for the raffle and free gift bags given to first 25 RSVPed guests that show up.
About The Red Pump & Red Tie Projects
The Red Pump Project is an initiative to raise awareness about the impact of HIV/AIDS on women and girls, both directly and indirectly. The Red Tie Project is its male counterpart, focusing on how the issue affects men.
The Red Pump Project was founded by Karyn and Luvvie, it began as a blog initiative on March 10th, 2009. They got 135 bloggers to "Rock the Red Pump" widget on their blogs to speak out about the issue of HIV/AIDS. It is now an initiative that is doing work on the ground and online to ensure that women are empowered with knowledge about HIV/AIDS and the issues surrounding it.
When & Where
The Red Pump Project
The Red Pump Project® is a nonprofit organization that raises awareness about the impact of HIV/AIDS on women and girls. We empower, educate, and motivate action by boldly driving conversation online and offline around HIV prevention and issues related to sexual and reproductive health. We use the Red Pump as a symbol of empowerment to represent the strength and courage of women affected by HIV/AIDS.
Red Pump believes that if HIV affects one, it affects us all. We use a powerful symbol for a powerful cause. The incorporation of fashion into the message of HIV prevention is our contribution as we hope to show that Awareness is Always in Style!
To learn more, please visit The Red Pump website.