Saturday, January 21st 6:30 to 9:30 pm $125
Newseum, 555 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Saturday Night Sips is a cocktail reception celebrating the contribution young people are making to feeding their community. Please join us for a cocktail and hors d'oeuvres gathering that will include JOSE ANDRES, JOAN NATHAN and ALICE WATERS and speakers from Martha's Table and DC Central Kitchen.
Join your community in celebrating the Youth Food Movement and combating hunger and poverty in DC. Where we will feature seversal tastings showcasing young local chefs.
Confirmed chefs include:
- Chef Barasse of ENTYSE
- Chef Antonio Burrell of Masa 14 and El Centro DF
- Chef Frederick de Pue of 42 Degree Catering
- Chef Michael Keavney of tavola
- Chef Anthony Lomardo of 1789 Restaurant
- Chef Dennis Marron of Poste
- Chef Frederic of Entyse Wine Bar and Lounge
- Chef Rock Harper, DCCK Kitchen Director and Hells Kitchen Winner
- Chef Enrique Velazquez of Borinquen
- Chef Kevin Villalovos of Cure
- Chefs Billy Klein of Café Saint-Ex
- Chef Justin Bittner of Bar Pilar
- Chef Michael Woods of Eatonville
- Chef Michael Costa of Zatinya
Confirmed Artisan's featured in Artisan Alley include:
- Chef Barry Koslow of DGS Delicatessen
- Copper Pot
- Naughty Bits Brownies
- Rappahannock River Oyster
- Whisked DC
- Geoff Maites of Cava Mezze
- Rick Field of Rick's Picks
- Maro Nalabandian with an Armenian string cheese demonstration
- Filippo Bartolotta is an international wine journalist and the owner of Le Baccanti Tours, Italy's premier gourmet event and travel agency
Thank you to all the donors that help make this even possible.
Arnaldo-Caprai, Filippo Bartolotta & Le Baccanti Tours, Beveridge Seay, Inc., Buck’s Fishing & Camping, Comet Ping Pong, Congressional Seafood, Design Cuisine, The Newseum , Occasions Caterers, Pra, Pretzelman Printing Group, Ritz Carlton, Wegmans
Acme Paper, Alfred A. Knopf, Bacchus Importers Ltd., Black Ankle Vineyards, Blackbird Vineyards, Boyd & Blair Potato Vodka, Paul Burditch & BMO, Calvert Woodley Fine Wines & Spirits, Capital Meats, Chairman’s Reserve Rum, Chateau Valcombe, Chez Panisse, Churchkey / Birch & Barley, Covenant Wines, Cowgirl Creamery, D’Artagnan, Ecopia Farms, Empson Wine Imports, Fresh Start, Good Earth Winery, Grapes of Spain, Grow and Behold Foods , Heritage Foods USA, Hotel Monaco/Poste Brasserie, J.A. Henckels, Jamison Farm, Le Pain Quotidien, Ma(i)sonry Napa Valley Winery Collective, Negev Nectar, New Morning Farm and Tuscarora Organic Coop, Perfect Settings, Rick’s Picks, Rodman’s, Saint Germain Elderflower Liqueur, Sam Fromartz,, Schneider’s of Capitol Hill, Sea to Table, Siembra Azul Tequila, Smucker Farms of Lancaster County, Southern Food and Beverage Museum, The Sweet Lobby at Barracks Row, ThinkFoodGroup, Toby Island Bay Oysters, Washington, Nationals Baseball Club and Weygandt Wines
We will be accepting volunteers for this event, if you are interested, please fill out the survey, we will be in touch. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SNSVolunteers2012
To find out more information about the beneficiary organizations, please visit the following websites:
Martha's Table aims to help end poverty with both short and long term solutions. Our mission is to help at risk children, youth, families and individuals in our community improve their lives by providing educational programs, food, clothing and enrichement opportunities.
DC Central Kitchen is a community kitchen that serves as a central location to recover unused food, prepare and deliver meals to parnter social service agencies, train men and women for jobs in the foodservice industry, and intellectually engage volunteers.