Santa Monica Writers on 3rd St - Tuesday October 29 7:30 pm
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 from 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM (PDT)
Santa Monica, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for warm friendly networking and practical support and to get your own questions about writing and publishing answered.
In this weeks lecture learn:
- How to earn 30% or more of the list price of your print book on every sale.
- How to format and publish your book in a matter of hours and have it in your hands in a couple of days for about $5 a copy (in most cases) with no upfront costs.
- How to publish your book on Amazon and have it for sale worldwide in about 3 Weeks.
- How to price your book so it makes a profit.
- How to use the sale of one book to sell others.
- How to promote your print book quickly & cost effectively on Facebook, Linkedin Twitter.
- How publishing your own book initially can help you release future books through a New York publisher if that's what you want.
- Easy ways to get interviewed on the radio and TV about your book.
- How publishing a book can support your business.
- How to get good reviews on Amazon.
- What you need to know about Intellectual Property Rights and how to make money by owning them.
- Come at 7pm to Network before class and Stay Late to go to Starbucks for a post event chat.
Most writers aspire to support themselves by through royalties earned on sales to readers, but, many of us who grew up in the days of Stephen King and Nora Roberts have an antiquated idea of how writers actually make a living. We think it involves a lot of waiting around, mailing things to New York and waiting for rejection letters. Nothing could be further from the truth.
In this meeting you'll learn how real writers turn their words into cash, and you'll learn how book publishing in the 21st century works. You'll learn how to write and publish your books quickly and profitably, and how following this course of action will make it easier (not harder) to sell your work to film studios and mass market publishers.
Date: October 29 7:30(pm)-9:30(pm)
Location: Promenade Playhouse on 3rd & Santa Monica 1404-1408 3rd Street Promenade Santa Monica, California 90401 (Easy Parking, Clean Attractive, Tiered Seating, Close to Starbucks & other nice places to Grab a Bite Before and After)
Purchase Tickets on Eventbrite $20 ($30 after October 22 or at the Door): No Refunds after October 22
When & Where
Nancy Fulton is a writer/producer who has produced content across all media. Her films and books, including BACK FROM IRAQ, can be found on Amazon. Her articles can be found on business and techical sites worldwide. Her apps, including the HollywoodPros App, can be found on Android and Iphone.