Santa Monica Writers on 3rd St - Tuesday October 22 at 7:30pm
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 from 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM (PDT)
Santa Monica, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for warm, friendly networking and practical advice and support and to get your questions about writing and publishing answered.
In this meeting you'll learn:
- Why publishing on Kindle is important and how it can help you sell more books and earn higher royalties than publishing in print.
- How to format a book created in Word so it can be published on Kindle easily and attractively.
- Where to find a great, original, commercial quality covers for your book quickly and for less than it would cost to create them.
- How to create a cover, or have one created, which will sell your book legally and effectively, online.
- How to incorporate images & tables into your book.
- How to upload your book to Amazon and correctly specify the book price, it's description, the territories in which it is sold, and choose between different royalty rates.
- How to specify how your royalties are paid (direct deposit or check).
- How to get good reviews and avoid bad reviews legitimately.
- How to market your Kindle book effectively.
- How to use Kindle books to promote you and the businesses you own.
- Come at 7pm to Network and Plan to stay late to go to Starbucks for a social conversation.
By publishing your book on Amazon Kindle, you make it available on every Laptop, iPhone, Android Phone, Tablet as well as on Kindle devices. Amazon has a free Kindle reader available on all those devices and Kindle books are read worldwide. You also make your book very difficult to steal or copy, and very easy to promote.
Amazon sells more books than any other company in the world and publishing your book through Amazon can connect you, quickly, to millions of customers worldwide. You also retain ownership of your book and can stop sales at any time.
Publishing a book is a great idea for writers who want to make a living from their work and filmmakers who want to sell a script to Hollywood.
By the time you leave this class, you should feel comfortable publishing your book and beginning to earn royalties from your work. Course notes will be made available to attendees at no additional charge.
Date: October 22 7:30(pm)-9:30(pm)
Location: Promenade Playhouse on 3rd & Santa Monica 1404-1408 3rd Street Promenade Santa Monica, California 90401 (Easy Parking, Clean Attractive, Tiered Seating, Close to Starbucks & other nice places to Grab a Bite Before and After)
Purchase Tickets on Eventbrite $20 ($30 after October 21 or at the Door) No Refunds after October 21
When & Where
Nancy Fulton is a writer/producer who has produced content across all media. Her films and books, including BACK FROM IRAQ, can be found on Amazon. Her articles can be found on business and techical sites worldwide. Her apps, including the HollywoodPros App, can be found on Android and Iphone.