Santa Cruz Mountains Passport Days
Saturday, April 20, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Tickets may be purchased at any of the participating wineries on the day of the event. For Passport Day in April, the Santa Cruz Mountains Winegrowers Association invites you to get “Down to Earth”. This month's Passport theme is a celebration of California Wines “Down to Earth Month”, the second annual statewide celebration that the Wine Institute coordinates to help highlight California's leadership in sustainable winegrowing and other environmental initiatives—and the people and places behind them. As a Passport holder, we invite you to explore our extraordinary earth-friendly viticultural region as well as our earth friendly wines, organic wine trails, barrel samples, and special tasting flights to support 'Save Our Shores', a local non-profit dedicated to clean beaches. Most Passport wineries are open 11am – 5pm (please call to confirm). Passports are $45 online. $5 of every Passport sold will go to Save Our Shores.
About Passport Days:
- Passport Days occurs four times a year on the third Saturday of January, April, July and November.
- Wineries generally closed to the public are only open on Passport Days. Passport is your opportunity to meet our legendary Winemakers of the Santa Cruz Mountains and taste some fabulous terroir driven wines.
- Use the map in the Passport as a rough guide only. Please make sure to read the directions for each individual winery. At each winery you visit, a page of your Passport will be given a unique commemorative stamp.
- Some wineries will accept your Passport for free tastings throughout the year, however, some will not. It is up to the discretion of the winery as to whether or not they will waive the tasting fee on non-Passport Days. It is not a mandatory part of the Passport program for a winery to offer free tastings throughout the year.
New Passport Rules:
- Passport benefits are good for ONE VISIT to each participating winery up to 2 years.
- You must have your Passport to have your tasting fee waived at each participating winery.
Keep in mind when planning your tour:
- Not all participating wineries are open from 11am-5pm on Passport Days. Some have elected to modify their hours.
- We recommend that customers check the SCMWA website or call participating locations for participating winery hours.
- Gift prize is available for completing your Passport. Please contact SCMWA.
- Many wineries have limited access and parking. Before hiring a stretch limousine or bus, call the wineries your propose to visit and make arrangements.Passports are $45 online. $5 of every Passport sold will go to Save Our Shores.