Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
Santa Clara County High Impact HIV Prevention Presentation
In response to the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS), released in July 2010, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is currently framing a new approach to HIV prevention in the US. This presentation will explain the new approach, called High Impact HIV Prevention, and explore what makes an intervention “high-impact”.
Presenter: Sonya Dublin, MPH/MSW, Capacity Building Specialist
Asian Pacific Islander Health Forum (APIAHF)
By the end of the presentation, participants will:
- Understand the overall approach of High Impact HIV Prevention and the 6 major considerations of high impact: effectiveness, cost, scalability, coverage, interaction, and prioritization
- Be familiar with the 5 new categories of High Impact HIV Prevention interventions (biomedical, public health strategies, behavioral, structural, and social marketing) and examples of each
- Understand the rationale for increasing emphasis on Prevention with Positives interventions
- Be able to select appropriate proven effective Linkage to Care and/or Treatment Adherence interventions for their programs
- Be able to select appropriate proven effective HIV testing models for their programs
- Feel confident exploring further resources on new HIV testing technologies and testing algorithms
- Feel confident incorporating the new High Impact HIV Prevention approach into future organizational and program planning