Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Santa Clara County HIV/AIDS Systems of Care Roundtable VII
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 from 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Santa Clara County High Impact HIV Prevention Presentation
In response to the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS), released in July 2010, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is currently framing a new approach to HIV prevention in the US. This presentation will explain the new approach, called High Impact HIV Prevention, and explore what makes an intervention “high-impact”.
Presenter: Sonya Dublin, MPH/MSW, Capacity Building Specialist
Asian Pacific Islander Health Forum (APIAHF)
By the end of the presentation, participants will:
- Understand the overall approach of High Impact HIV Prevention and the 6 major considerations of high impact: effectiveness, cost, scalability, coverage, interaction, and prioritization
- Be familiar with the 5 new categories of High Impact HIV Prevention interventions (biomedical, public health strategies, behavioral, structural, and social marketing) and examples of each
- Understand the rationale for increasing emphasis on Prevention with Positives interventions
- Be able to select appropriate proven effective Linkage to Care and/or Treatment Adherence interventions for their programs
- Be able to select appropriate proven effective HIV testing models for their programs
- Feel confident exploring further resources on new HIV testing technologies and testing algorithms
- Feel confident incorporating the new High Impact HIV Prevention approach into future organizational and program planning
When & Where
Santa Clara County Public Health Department STD & HIV Prevention and Control
Partners for this event include Santa Clara County STD & HIV Prevention and Control Program, San Jose Pride, Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI), Project 4PLAY, and n2men.org.