Sanford-Brown Institute - Fort Lauderdale Family Fall Festival and Health Fair
Saturday, October 30, 2010 from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM (EDT)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sanford-Brown Institute - Ft. Lauderdale
Family Fall Festival and Health Fair
Saturday, October 30, 2010
11am – 3pm
Sanford-Brown Institute - Fort Lauderdale
1201 W. Cypress Creek Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Sanford-Brown Students, Externs, Graduates, Families and the Local Community are invited to Sanford-Brown Institute – Fort Lauderdale for a day of food, fun and health education with something for everyone in your family, including the dog! There is no charge to attend or participate in any of the activities or programs provided.
Bounce houses, face painting, rock climbing wall, and games
Halloween Costume Contest: Prizes for best child's and adult's costume. Judging takes place at 1:30 pm.
Halloween Costume Contest:
Prizes for best child's and adult's costume. Judging takes place at 1:30 pm.
Complimentary refreshments will be served including Jerk Chicken, BBQ Chicken, Hot Dogs, soft drinks and more!
Admissions Open House:
Learn about the exciting programs Sanford-Brown Institute – Fort Lauderdale offers and how to further your education.
Complimentary Medical Screenings:
We’ll measure your blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose level, weight and height and give you guidelines for staying healthy. Hosted by our Medical Assistant Program. Florida Center for Allergy & Asthma Care will also be on hand to provide asthma screenings.
Our Dental Assisting program will be hosting a number of events to educate you on Oral Health including:
· Clinical & Periodontal evaluations by Dr. Browning including charting evaluations and oral health explanations. (Dental Lab)
· Oral Hygiene Instructions by Dr. Sokol and Dr. Vasquez with the assistance of dental assistants including a short video on oral health, brushing, flossing and sealants. (Room 209)
· Raffle for electric brush, bleaching procedure and new patient visit, compliments of the Dental Center of Silver Lakes.
· Dental care bags with toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and Oral Health information pamphlet will be provided, compliments of Patterson Dental & Butler Dental Company
Laboratory Open House:
Our Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Cardiovascular Sonography, Pharmacy Technician and Surgical Technology laboratories will have open viewing for our guests to watch our technicians and students in action.
All About the Animals:
Our Veterinary Technology Program will be hosting a number of fun activities for the well behaved, leashed canines in your family including bobbing for hot-dogs, a doggie Halloween Costume Contest, and nail trim & ear cleaning clinic for dogs. Dog treats and photos of your dogs in front of a festive Halloween backdrop will be sold to benefit the Broward Humane Society.
Passport to Healthy and Productive Living:
Throughout the day, we will be offering 15 minute seminars with information on health, career enhancement, and other timely topics.
· Control your Blood Pressure
· Prevent and Manage Diabetes
· Borrow Smart = Borrow Less: Learn about successful loan repayment and the consequences of excessive borrowing
· Network to Work: Help enhance your networking skills, both in person and on the Internet
· Keys to Writing a Better Resume
· How to Ace your Next Interview
· Oral Hygiene Instruction
· Nail trim & ear cleaning clinic for dogs
· More exciting programs to be announced!
There is no charge to attend or to participate in any of the activities, seminars or screenings. For more information, contact Elizabeth Reed, Sanford-Brown Alumni Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (954) 375-6922