In Puppet Architect students will learn how to design their own infrastructure and define their own Right Way to implement Puppet. Students will use advanced Puppet DSL techniques affecting how modulesare architected. Students will learn classification and data lookup techniques, and will be able to determine the most efficient and extensible architecture to scale Puppet to their own needs.
What You Will Learn to Help You Solve Problems
• Designing and implementing an efficient development workflow.
• Designing complex Hiera datasource hierarchies.
• Sharing data between nodes via exported resources.
• Using MCollective from the command line to automate infrastructure orchestration.
• Estimating the number of nodes their Master(s) can support.
• Using r10k to automate Puppet code deployment.
• Dynamic provisioning strategies providing for rapid infrastructure scaling.
• Designing a scaled architecture for their infrastructure.
• Managing multiple Puppet environments in an effective manner.
• Interacting with the Puppet Master using the REST APIs.
• The underlying message passing protocol that MCollective is built on.
• Scaling the ActiveMQ messaging bus.
• Integrating Puppet with external tools via Hiera backends, report processors, etc.
Who Should Attend
In this course, we expect students to have an intimate understanding of their site needs and have areasonable idea of how they can use Puppet to manage their infrastructure. They should be expert sysadmins with an understanding of the operating system and the impact of various tuning techniques. The course is designed for site architects and DevOps professionals with a solid understanding of configuration management strategies and sysadmin skills.
Please review the Before Class list prior to registration
Cost for the 2 day class: $1495 for Early Bird and $1695 for Standard
Cancellations by Customer
- Training fees will not be refunded for cancellations by Customer at any time.
- You may reschedule or request a credit for a future class of equal value delivered by Puppet Labs up to 2 weeks (14 calendar days) prior to the start of the class. All credits must be used within 1 year of the original class date and a maximum of 2 reschedule/credit requests is permitted per registration.
- You will forfeit the class fees if you cancel your registration less than 2 weeks (14 calendar days) prior to the start of the class. However, you may designate someone else to attend the class in your place at any time up to the start of course provided that Puppet Labs is notified in writing of the substitution prior to the class.
Cancellations by Puppet Labs:
- Puppet Labs reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a class at any time.
- In the event of cancellation by Puppet Labs other than for circumstances outside of its control, you may reschedule for another class of equal value delivered by Puppet Labs or select a full refund of any fees paid for the class.
- In the event Puppet Labs must cancel a class due to circumstances beyond its control (e.g., weather, natural disaster), Puppet Labs will issue Customer a credit for the amounts paid to be used for a future class delivered by Puppet Labs within 1 year of the original class date.
- Puppet Labs is not, in any way, responsible for any other costs incurred by Customer in relation to the class (e.g., travel expenses, lost business time).