San Diego Great Cloth Diaper Change 2013
Saturday, April 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM (PDT)
San Diego, United States
Join us on April 20th, 2013 as we attempt to help break the world record for the most cloth diapers changed at one time! This world record attempt is a great way to show the world how many people are already choosing and using reusable cloth diapers successfully. Last year we broke the Guinness World Record that we set in 2011 (5,026 participants at 127 locations in 5 countries) with 8,251 participants 189 locations in 11 countries!
This year, we will be hosted by the Office of Sustainability at the University of San Diego. The event will take place in Salomon Hall, which is an event room in Maher Hall, directly next to the Immaculata Church (where you should plan to park).
*PLEASE NOTE: There will also be a Great Cloth Diaper Change event in Vista at Babies in Bloom https://bibgcdc2013.eventbrite.com/ and in Chula Vista at Buggies and Babies http://www.facebook.com/events/626193727395927/. If you would rather attend at one of those locations please register through their sites and not here. Thanks!
Even if you don't currently use cloth diapers you can still participate! Local diaper service companies will be on-site providing FREE prefold cloth diapers & covers to use for the change if you don't have your own. Or you can borrow from a friend. Be part of a world record & let us show you how easy, economical and eco-friendly cloth diapering can be!
1. Arrive on time! The "change" happens at 11am but you must arrive by 10:45am at the latest in order to check in and for us to be able to count everyone.
2. BYO reusable cloth diapers. For this record, each baby must be changed from a cloth or disposable diaper into a reusable cloth diaper that must be able to be purchased online or in a retail store. Unfortunately, homemade diapers that are not commercially available cannot be used. This is a very strict rule from Guinness World RecordsTM. Trainers will not count. It must be a 100% reusable cloth diaper.
3. All babies and toddlers to be changed must be 39 inches or shorter. If you are bringing older children, we'll have a supervised coloring table just outside the changing area so it doesn't get too crowded.
4. Each baby must be paired with exactly one adult participant. There will be extra adults. Please let us know if you need a pair of helping hands for additional children to be changed.
5. Plan for contingencies: don't forget your wetbag, extra wipes (preferably reusable cloth wipes!), a changing pad, and a healthy dose of good humor!
Donation request: Please bring $1 (or more) as a donation to the Real Diaper Association, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to spreading the word about reusable cloth diapers.You may also donate through paypal when you preregister for the event.
***The first 50 participating attendees to arrive will receive a FREE goody bag! There will also be snacks, vendors, raffle prizes and a craft table for older children.
The San Diego Real Diaper Circle was accredited in 2008 by the Real Diaper Association, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people find and use reusable cloth diapers. We are a community of hundreds of local parents who support one another in using reusable cloth diapers.
Join our community on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/201331399552/
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.