Jersey City, NJ - 8 HSW and 1 GBCI Credit Hours
- Business & Professional
- Saint Peters University - Dinneen Hall - McIntyre Conference Center - FREE PARKING, Jersey City NJ
San Diego, CA
October 26, 2012
5 AIA/CES LU/HSW Hours,
3 AIA/CES LU/HSW/ SD Hours,
2 GBCI CE Hours for LEED Professionals,
Complimentary lunch provided by Dryvit System, Inc.
7:30 – 8:00 AM Registration
Glazing with Acrylic Foam Structural Tape
1 AIA/CES LU/HSW Hour
Provider: 3M | Course: IMM08A
Presenter: Carl Piplick
• Compare the different types of structural glazing and architectural panel application options
• Describe the methods and standards by which acrylic foam tape for structural glazing is measured and why this is important to a project
• Explain the advantages of using acrylic foam tape in terms of project installation, time and costs, architectural appearance, and structural performance
• Discuss the proper installation process as well as design considerations when using acrylic form tapes for structural glazing and architectural panel applications.
Sustainable Materials in Restrooms, Locker Rooms and Other Applications
1 AIA/CES LU/HSW/SD Hour
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals
AIA Course Number: - USGBC Course ID: 0090007573
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
· Define and describe the material characteristics of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE).
· Describe how HDPE recycled content reduces environmental impact.
· List several ways HDPE materials offer both initial and long term improvements to the indoor air quality of any project.
· Explain how responsible manufacturing is a critical part of any product’s life cycle assessment and give several examples of these environmental improvements over traditional manufacturing processes.
10:20 – 11:20 AM
Exterior Continuous Insulated Claddings for Energy Efficiency and
1 AIA/CES LU/HSW/SD Hour
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals (GBCI Course ID: 0090005704)
Provider: Dryvit System, Inc. | Course: BL0002
Presenter: Robert Dazel
· Deconstruct the "perceived" value of traditional insulation methods and reduced performance within framed wall assemblies and reconstruct new strategies for developing true "effective" insulation value and high performance.
· Identify and define model energy code and green design standard's requirements for exterior continuous insulation.
· Differentiate between "prescriptive" R-value "performance" U-factor wall design paths and recognize where continuous insulation must be integrated.
· Discover the interrelationship between exterior insulated cladding and the use of continuous insulation to achieve energy efficient, cost effective and aesthetically pleasing design solutions.
11:30 – 12:30 PM Lunch Dryvit
12:30 – 1:30 PM
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA/CES LU/HSW Hour
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.| Course: IMU07C
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: Steve Kelchlin
• Define stone coated Metal
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project earning LEED certification
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient
· & Energy Star qualified
· Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems
1:40 – 2:40 PM
Up Close and Personal with Hard Surfacing Materials – A Tour
1 AIA/CES HSW/SD Hour
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc. | Course: ICS06B
Presenter: Darin McNulty
· This facility tour will better inform the designer about the various “Hard” surfacing materials that are available and how they have evolved.
· This live course will provide a visual walking tour where individuals can actually interact with the raw materials and see how they are transformed into finished products.
· Integrating key sustainable concepts such as water conservation, life cycle analysis indoor air quality and sustainable materials certifications., this course will compare and contrast both the aesthetic and physical properties of the various materials with other hard surfacing materials and illustrate how these attributes can greatly affect the end user, the project, and the environmental impact.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.