San Antonio AIA Chapter and CE Academy Event
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CDT)
San Antonio, TX
May 15, 2013
7 AIA HSW CE Hours
2 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals
08:00 AM Registration
08:30 - 09:30 AM
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: IMU07C
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: Rick Davis
• Define stone coated Metal.
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals
and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project
earning LEED certification.
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient & Energy Star qualified.
• Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
09:40 -10:40 AM
Physical Security Options, Applications, and Specification
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course Number: IAR13A
AIA Provider: Infospec, Inc.
Presenter: Rick Snelling and David Hatt
Gain insight into the need for and applications of physical security technology in buildings.
Grasp the various levels of protection, available security options, and testing standards for specification purposes.
1. Discuss the types of physical security options available for building fortification
2. Explain the applications of various physical security options
3. Differentiate threat levels and test standards
4. Compare and contrast several bullet, blast, and forced entry resistant security options
10:50 -11:50 AM
Roofing Market Trends & Advantages of Fleeceback Membrane & Urethane Adhesives
1 AIA HSW Hour | Course: SDT110
AIA Provider: Carlisle Construction Materials
Presenter: Ryan Kirkland
1. Physical performance advantages of fleece membranes that enable them to resist the
forces of mother nature such as wind, rain and cold.
2. Performance advantages of urethane adhesives that eliminate the dependence on solvents
with VOC's or asphalt derived from foreign sources of oil.
3. Re-roofing advantages afforded by fleece membranes that can re-use existing roofing
systems and minimize landfill waste.
4. Multiple-ply membrane options utilizing highly reflective T or extremely weatherable EPDM
as the cap sheet.
11:50 - 12:20 PM Lunch provided
12:20 - 01:20 PM
Recycled Content Surfacing Materials: Identifying Value Under LEED and Beyond
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: ICS06C
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI course ID: 0090009501
AIA Provider: Infospec, Inc.
Presenter: Todd Schoenemann
This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfaces and their
environmental significance including reducing the use of natural resources and improving indoor
air quality. We will compare and contrast traditional and recycled surfacing materials and explain
the importance of “going beyond green.”
01:30- 02:30 PM
Glass Floor Walkways and Stair Treads
1AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: ABC402
AIA Provider: Acme Brick
Presenter: Steve Weddle
Upon completion of this course you will have a better understandingof designing Glass into
walkways and Stair Treads and how the following are taken into sonsideration during the
1. Support Methods & Installation.
2. Safety and Modesty.
3. Slip Resistance.
02:40 - 03:40 PM
The Role Of Dynamic Glazing In Driving Energy Efficiency In Buildings
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IRA08A
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI Course ID #: 0090009729
AIA Provider: RavenBrick
Speaker: Chris Ketchum
This one hour course about dynamic glazing will discuss what dynamic glazing is,
what its purpose is and why it is beneficial. You will learn about various types of dynamic
glazing and how they contribute to energy reduction and LEED certification.
1. Define and identify the different types of dynamic glazing.
2. Compare and contrast the different types of dynamic glass with standard commercial
3. Explain the improvements to energy performance, indoor environmental quality and
LEED certification when incorporating dynamic glazing into a project.
4. Describe how to evaluate and specify dynamic glass.
3:50 - 4:50 PM
Drafting an Understanding of Polished Concrete
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course # AFP1
AIA Provider: Advanced Floor Products (RetroPlate) Provider number J550
Presenter: Deke Rife
Today we can give an old worn-out concrete floor “NEW” life through the polishing
and densification process. This course is designed to give an overview of that process,
the marriage of concrete densification of and grinding and polishing concrete with diamonds.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.