SFGG Rugby Hall of Fame Dinner 2015
- Sports & Fitness
- SFGG Rugby Club House, San Francisco CA
The 2013 'Samu Manoa' SFGG Rugby Youth Summer Camp will run from July 15th to July 19th at Archbishop Riordan High School, San Francisco, from 9:00AM-3PM for a full day option and 12.30pm-3pm for an afternoon session with the option for late pick up via prior arrangement.
This camp is open to all girls & boys, aged 6 to 15 - from beginner to advanced. You don't have to be affiliated with SFGG. All are welcome!
SFGG has arranged an incredible coaching lineup:
Samu Manoa - current Northampton Saints star forward, 2013 Barbarian, US Eagle and former SFGG star. Selected as Guardian UK's (World) "Club Player Of The Year", May 2013.
Other Featured Coaches Include:
- Mose Timoteo, SFGG Captain and scrumhalf, has 32 caps for the US Eagles, and widely admired for his excellent knowledge of the game and communication with kids.
- Jone Naqica, SFGG back, SFGG Coach, USA 7's legend being the top scorer in IRB tournaments and most capped US player in IRB tournaments, will be coaching his 3rd Youth Summer camp at SFGG. Jone is head coach of the SFGG 7's team that will be competing in the WorldClub Sevens in London 8/17-18. Jone is always a favorite with the kids, keeping things light while coaching solid fundamentals and having fun.
- Naima Reddick, current Women's USA Eagle player, Youth Development Manager (ie. coach) for Play Rugby USA, from Bay Area.
- Bruce Thomas, SFGG Elite Cup flanker, Play Rugby USA coach, SFGG Club Director. Coaching and directing his 2nd SFGG Youth Camp.
- Danny Barrett, Cal Bears #8, 7's player, and multiple All American. This will be Danny's 2nd year coaching at the SFGG Youth Summer Camp, where he was a big hit with the kids last year.
The emphasis of the week long camp will be on participants having a fun, safe and exciting experience while learning a wide variety of rugby skills, including; passing, tackling, attack and defense while developing footwork, fitness and game understanding via rugby related games.
Players will leave this camp with improved skills, game understanding and confidence but most importantly they will have a great time, propelling them forward in to next season.
Participants will need to bring with them -