Salad Gardening with Herbs and Edible Flowers
Saturday, March 16, 2013 from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
A salad lovers dream. Learn to grow buttery and crisp lettuces, spinach, sweet and crunchy carrots, beets and fennel, spicy arugula and radishes, fresh flavorful herbs, edible flowers and more. You will learn soil preparation, easy planting instructions, harvesting techiniques and more. Everyone will start a "take-home" salad garden to plant. Taught by Jody Main is a local organic food and garden writer, educator, and consultant. Her specialty is designing gardens that include vegetables, herbs, and berries for over 36 years.
When & Where
Common Ground Garden Supply and Education Center
Creating Abundance in Community
- hands-on classes and events in organic gardening and sustainable lifestyles
- seeds and plant starts - hundreds of edible, medicinal, native and ornamental varieties
- organic composts, fertilizers and mulches - a broad selection
- tools and natural disease and pest control products - the highest quality
- books, magazines, cards, and gift items
- volunteer opportunities and new friends.