Safer Chemicals in Products: Changing Markets & Policies
Thursday, June 9, 2011 from 8:00 AM to 7:30 PM (EDT)
By invitation only ...
Join leaders from businesses, environmental organizations and governments for a one-day, in-depth forum on safer chemicals in products. Learn how leading businesses are moving to safer chemicals in products and hear NGO perspectives on policies that can support that movement.
2nd Annual Business and NGO Policy Forum in Washington D.C.
Safer Chemicals in Products: Changing Markets and Policies
The Safer Chemicals in Products forum will gather leaders from businesses, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and governments to find common ground in the movement to use inherently safer chemicals in products. We will:
- Learn how business leaders are moving to safer chemicals: the tools, methods and programs they are adopting to transform product design.
- Discuss the needs of downstream users, including the need for better data, transparency in the supply chain and safer alternatives.
- Hear NGO perspectives on how chemicals policy reform can support the needs of downstream users of chemicals.
- Identify how public policy initiatives, such as the Toxic Substances Control Act reform, can support these initiatives and harmonize with existing regulations.
Speakers include …
- Kathy Gerwig, Vice President, Kaiser Permanente
- Roger McFadden, Vice President, Staples
- Helen Holder, Corporate Materials Selection Manager, Hewlett-Packard
- Clive Davies, Chief, Design for Environment Program, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Rachelle Wenger, Director Public Policy & Community Advocacy, Catholic Healthcare West
- Andy Igrejas, National Campaign Director, Safer Chemicals Healthy Families
- Robin Guenther, Principal, Perkins+Will
- Howard Williams, Vice President, Construction Specialties
- Amy Roberts, Vice President Government Affairs, Outdoor Industry Association
- Ellen Kondracki, Manager, Global Sustainability, Becton Dickinson
- Mike Belliveau, Executive Director, Environmental Health Strategy Center
Dunham, Legislative Assistant and Counsel, Senator Frank R. Lautenberg [invited]
Topics include …
- Advancing Safer Chemicals through Purchasing: Best Practices
- Methods and Tools for Identifying Safer Chemicals
- Managing Chemicals in Products as a Manufacturer of Articles
- Modernizing a Flawed Chemical Safety System: Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Reform
- Safe Chemicals Act of 2011: Legislative Update
For further information contact:
Mark Rossi, Chair, Business-NGO Working Group
When & Where
BizNGO & ASBC
BizNGO is a collaboration of business and NGO leaders who promote the creation and adoption of safer chemicals and sustainable materials in a way that supports market transitions to a healthy economy, healthy environment and healthy people.
The American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC) is a coalition of business leaders who advance public policies that ensure a vibrant, just, and sustainable economy.