The tragedy at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, has led local education officials and law enforcement to reassess school security measures. Parents also need to play a crucial role in the discussion.
On Wednesday, March 27, the New Jersey School Boards Association will host "Safe and Secure Schools: A Parent's Forum," featuring an informative and interactive discussion on the new challenges of school security.
A panel of educators and law enforcement professionals will discuss current practices and ways districts are improving school safety. There will also be time dedicated for a question-and-answer session.
- Bergen County Prosecutor John Molinelli
- Chief Donald V. Keane of Cliffside Park
- Chief Robert J. Kugler of Saddle Brook
- Deputy Chief Kenneth R. Ehrenberg of Paramus
- Sgt. Michael Pontillo of Westwood
- Sgt. Matthew McClutchy of Westwood
Superintendents and Business Administrators, please share the information on this event to your parent groups and others in your district.
For questions regarding registration, contact Kurt Rebovich Jr., NJSBA County Activities Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (609) 278-5233.