Sacramento Banana Festival
The Sacramento Banana Festival will present the
4th annual Banana Festival, Celebrating:
- Health & Wellness
- A Alcohol Free Environment
The event is scheduled for August 10, 2013 through August 11, 2013 at William Land Park in Sacramento, California. The yellow fruit has become a star for this festival that finds everything about this yellow fruit "a-peeling." We serve it up in main entrees, beverages, breakfasts and desserts.It's the center of contest and the theme of the 5-krun. The festival brings people together to celebrate community, food and fun! This year's festival will celebrate healthy environment, lifestyles and eating. The event also highlights different cultures in Asia, Africa and the Americas who use the banana as a source of food, art and culture.
Last years 2012 Banana Festival attracted over 7,500 attendees. This year we will collaborate with the
Ventura, Ca. Banana Festival to attract audiences in cities through out Northern California. This collaboration will strengthen our outreach to families
on a regional level as we celebrate America's #1 Fruit: the Banana!
The 2013 Banana Festival theme will be “Banana Mania." Some of the activities include:
"Going Bananas for Health" Power Soul Stroll 5K run -Smashed Chef Challenge-Top Banana Community Rewards - Banana
Jungle Kids Zone Banana - Magic of Healthy Living Interactive On-Site Radio Disney Show will provide the Banana Festival Bunch of Fun Passports station activities, The Re Create Art Group will help kids build a 6ft Recyced Bananna, Bungee jumping - Hands-on art booths - Going green with composting -Themed inflatable's - Bouncers - Games - Raffles and Prizes. Additionally, the Banana Spirit Health Pavilion will focus on a variety of health related experiences and educational opportunities regarding the benefit of the Banana.
For both days of the Sacramento Banana Festival, the main stage will feature some of the best in international, national and local entertainment. Each and every hour a different group will perform, so there is something for everyone!
SAANC (Sacramento African American Non-Profit Coalition)
1) Black United Fund of Sacramento Valley (BUFSV) http://www.bufsacvalley.org/
2) BEST Program—Building Empowerment Skills Today http://bestyouth4u-com.webs.com/
3) Images Theatre Company http://www.imagestheater.org/
4) Sac Cultural Hub Media Foundation (SCHMF) http://www.sacculturalhub.com/916/media-foundation
5) Sisters of Nia http://www.sistersofnia.org/
6) Sojourner Truth African American Museum http://www.sojoart.net/
7) Travelers’ Aid International https://m.facebook.com/TravelersAidinSacramento?tsid=0.803638031007722&source=typeahead
8) Yes2College Education Resources http://www.yes2kollege.com/