San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR THE SUMMER SESSION!
YEAR LONG FAWAKIH QURANIC ARABIC YEAR LONG INTENSIVE
[ONE-EVENING/WEEK ONLY] in HERNDON!!
*Final location based on number of registrations
Courses offered:Introductory Arabic
Thursdays, 7 - 10 pm 5/29 - 8/28*
Note: During Ramadan we will have a pot-luck iftar and be sure to accommodate Taraweeh prayers.
Courses offered: Introductory Arabic, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced
Tuesdays, 7-10 pm, 9/23 - 12/16*
*Dates are tentative
1) NEW STUDENT -- 2 semesters -- Full Tuition [$1000] + Materials [$150]
Register for the Summer & Fall sessions together & pay full tution up front
Discounted Tuition [per semester]: $500
2) NEW STUDENT -- 1 semester -- Full Tution [$650] + Materials [$150]
Register for the Summer session only & pay full tution up front
Tuition [per semester]: $650
3) FAMILY/GROUP (Min, 2 purchases) -- 2 semesters -- Full Tuition [$750] + Materials [$150]
Gather a group of family/friends, register for Summar & Fall sessions together & pay full tuition up font
Discounted Tuition [per semester]: $375
* Payment plans are available. Discounts may not apply to payment plans. Contact email@example.com for further information.
Materials Fee covers the following costs:
- Welcome package for new students
- Course packs
- Curriculum development
- Online testing
- Development & maintenance of online resources
The Quranic Arabic curriculum at Fawakih caters to students of all levels. Those little to no background in reading and writing the Arabic script will be placed into our Introductory Arabic Course, which is a pre-requisite for Level 1. Those who are familiar with reading the Arabic script at the Beginner Level 1 with little background, if any, in grammar or reading comprehension of the Qur’an and who may not be able to produce Arabic in writing or in speech; who are able to read straightforward texts at the Intermediate Level 2 with the regular use of a dictionary, can identify grammatical parts of speech; who are proficient at reading challenging texts at the Advanced Level 3; and who are proficient at reading nuanced texts at the Advanced Level 4; and those who can begin to analyze tafsir and classical Arabic texts at Advanced Levels 5 and 6. The Program is structured around the required textbooks and employs a skills-based approach to language acquisition. In addition, the course will emphasize parsing and morphology in theory and in practice and translation as a primary method to ensure comprehension at every stage. Through mastery of Arabic grammar, morphology, reading, and vocabulary, the course facilitates language acquisition through both active and passive engagement.
- Integrated online classroom support (testing, vocabularly flashcards, exercise answer keys, tutorial videos)
- All new students will take Fawakih's online diagnostic test to gauge their Quranic Arabic background
- The tuition payment includes $150 for books and course materials. Students will receive a prep packet with all necessary textbooks and Fawakih-developed course materials. Students will also receive login information regarding our online testing system. This system is used to provide students with feedback and allows them to monitor their progress throughout the year.
Tuition Refund Policy
- No refunds after payment
- Fawakih's policy does not allow attendence of the course without prior registration
Herndon Qur'anic Arabic Instructors:
Ustadh Ismail ibn Ali, Fawakih alumnus
Ustadha Sofia Saiyed, Fawakih alumnus
Ustadha Reem Azzam, Vice Principal of Al-Fatih Academy
Ustadh Adam Daken, student of Imam Mohamed Magid
Ustadha Reshma Sheikh, Fawakih alumnus and graduate of Al Huda Institute Canada
Ustadh Saif Omar, Executive Director of Fawakih
& Additional Teachers
Ustadh Fahim Qazi, author of "Quranic Linguistics" textbook series
Ustadh Hisham Mahmoud, lecturer of Arabic at Princeton University
Ustadh Sharif El-Tobgui, director of Arabic at Brandeis University
A) Thursdays/Tuesdays (26 sessions)
Classical Text Reading 7:00pm – 7:50pm
Morphology 8:00pm – 8:50pm
Grammar 9:00pm – 9:50pm
B) Arabic Intensive Schedule on select Saturdays (one per semester)
Morning Session 10:00am – 12:30pm
Afternoon Session 2:00pm – 4:30pm
*Breaks may be adjusted based on prayer times.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.